Hometown Heroes, National Nobodies

Sorry that this chapter jumps around a lot. I decided against filler because the entire last book felt like filler, and if I don't want this book to be a thousand chapters, I gotta start going.

Marina's POV:

*

"Jack did WHAT?" I was completely shocked. "Wait, babe, stop here. I want some ice cream."

"You're so cute, you know that?" I smiled, then went back to seriousness. "So my immediate thought was to ask you what to do, since you're really good at that stuff."

"So here's what he has to do." I began as Alex parked. I talked as we walked. "He's going to not tell her a word about the condom thing. He's going to sit down and discuss with her the options. I know him, and he's probably been like 'no abortion, no adoption, we're keeping it' which is not entirely his descision. He is going to ask her what she wants to do, and agree with whatever it is. If he wasn't purposely trying to get her pregnant, then maybe he could have a say." I got in line. "And if she chooses an abortion then he's paying for it."

"I'm so bullshitted. This bothers me on a personal level." He said, obviously more irked than I was. But I'm more forgiving than him.

I stepped up and ordered. "Plain vanilla soft serve waffle cone with rainbow sprinkles."

Alex ordered too. "I'd like a soft serve blue goo in a sugar cone."

We were handed our cones and walked to the cute picnic tables. We saw familiar faces.

"Em! Zack! How are you guys?" I asked, sitting beside them. They were together with two small cups of ice cream, and beautiful Hazel with a kiddie cone. Gabe was in a baby carrier.

"Fancy running into you two here. What's new?" Emily said.

"Oh same old same old." Alex tried to hold in his laughter.

"What's so funny?" Zack asked.

"Do you wanna tell them or should I?" I asked.

"Go ahead." He smirked.

"All of our hard work payed off." I motioned to my stomach.

"No way! No freakin way!" Emily squealed.

"I know! I'm very excited and very ready." I smiled.

"You're gonna be a dad, Alex!" Em said.

"I'm finally gonna be part of the club." He smiled.

We looked at each other with adoration.

___________________________________________________

I pulled up in my new yellow Chevy colbalt to Jack's apartment. Jennifer was at work at the moment, and Jack didn't have to go to his club until five. It was only noon now, so Alex was also at work. Jack was going to come shopping with me. I had too much money and too much pregnancy excitement, so it was going to be a good day. I beeped my horn.

He came running out of the building with skinny jeans and a blazer over his shirt. God, he still dressed like a teenager.

"Get in the car, loser! We're going shopping!" I said.

"How's my little Reenie-weenie doing?" He asked, hopping in the front seat.

"I'm fabulous. How's my Jack-O?" I asked.

"I'm alright. Jen is so not happy about this whole having a baby thing." He buckled up.

I started to move. "I want to talk to you about that."