I might get struck by lightning for this, God, I'm sorry - but no, I wasn't listening to the prayer.

I was truly sorry for the way I acted towards Liam earlier - however, finding a good time to apologize was hard. When Liam wasn't with Rosie or shooting ice-cold glares and muttering curse words in Italian to his father, he was on the phone or the computer - sometimes, even both at the same time.

My grip on Liam's hand went slack halfway through the prayer; I was jolted back to the present as the amount of pressure he was pressing down on my hand. The second after Melanie whispered, "Amen", followed by an echo of 'amens' around the table, I snatch my hand back to myself and rub my hand softly.

The next few minutes were followed by the clinking of silverware; forks stabbed at their plates, scooped their peas, and the occasional sound of someone sipping their drink filled the room. Rosie stares off into the distance, tearing a piece of her dinner roll off subconsciously. Liam was no better; he hovered his fork over his cooling plate of food before landing above his untouched salad.

"So, how was everyone's day today?" Melanie's voice was cheery and bright as always, however, I don't think she realized the somber mood everyone else seemed to be in. Michael and William were oblivious to the silence as they starred each other down; Will's expression constantly changing from surprised to nodding in understanding.

Rosie and Liam continue to stare at their plates of food, clear to the eye that their appetites had not followed them into the room. As Liam stabs a piece of healthy looking lettuce and brings it to his mouth, his face contorts into an expression of disgust.

He drops his fork with a loud clink, before dragging his chair legs across the floor without warning. I noticed the tired look in his eyes as he waved Sebastian over from the corner, pointing at his food.

Sebastian was dressed in the typical butler attire; a black suit, a bowtie hugging the collar of his shirt. A cloth napkin was draped along his delicately extended forearm as Liam commanded him, "Wrap my food up please," he fumbles with the tie around his neck as he steps away from the table, "I'm not hungry." With a professional nod, he leaves the room, refusing to make eye contact with anyone else.

Like brother like sister, Rosie dropped her silverware to, a frown ceasing to form on her face as she glances up at a surprised looking Melanie. Mrs. Luciano was still staring at the passageway Liam had abruptly left under before she was pulled to the attention of her young daughter.

"What's wrong, Rosie?"

The little girl clutched her stomach as she scooted out of her seat. I notice the pair of pillows that prop her higher up on the table as her feet hit the floor. "My stomach hurts, I'm going to bed."

"-but it's only eight-"

Without another word, Rosalie snatches her last two bread rolls and jets out the room.

Maybe I was a little harsh to Liam.

Just maybe.

I follow suit, scooting out of my chair as I shoot Melanie an apologetic look. "I think I'll go check on Rosie and Liam." She smiles softly at me, but I notice a hint of uncertainty in her eyes.

"Are you sure? I can talk to Rosie, really. She's just been...emotional lately. I - ''

The raising of my hand stops her mid-sentence as I nod, positive. "Really, It's okay." She seems to sigh reluctantly as I turn on my heels, ready to make a bee-line for the exit - that's when Will's voice stops me.

"Are you going to eat that macaroni?"

A breath that sounded much like a laugh escaped my lips as I shook my head no. "Eat it, Will." An excited, girl-like squeal came from his mouth as I pictured him standing up and scraping my plate into his. Sebastian gave me a genuine smile as I left the room, headed straight for the stairs.