Chapter 7: But What If He Leaves Again?

Emilee Sourire

TCA ended with Robin Thicke's performance, and I can't help but feel awkward after the whole Miley Cyrus mishap. But whatever.

Now Grace and I are on our way to the after party. Grace won one of her nominations, and I won two of mine.

"That award show was insane!" Grace exclaims.

"I know right! Can't wait for this after party." I reply excitedly.

"Well we're here. So you don't really have to wait." She laughs.

We step out of the car, and was greeted by paparazzis and screaming fans. I turn around to Lorraine to ask if I can have a few minutes with them, and she nodded and gave me 5 minutes.

"Just one guys." I tell them, as I sign posters and other merchandise.

I take a few pictures with them, and pulled out my own phone to put all of this on Snapchat.

Lorraine came out of the building, and told me time's up. I say goodbye to them and enter the building. The music was pounding and I can feel my heart going with it.

"Have fun. I'll be over there at the lounge with the other managers if you need me." Lorraine says.

"Okay." I reply. I look for Grace, but the crowd was bigger and tighter than the floor can handle.

"Hey Emilee. Can we please just talk?" I turn around to see Brooklyn.

"Brooklyn I really don't have time for-" I was cut off.

"I'm just so sorry. I made you feel like we lost each other I swear I never wanted to lose you." He says.

"Well you did. Do you even know how many times I check my phone at night hoping you would text? A simple hello never came through and I hope you know how shitty I felt for weeks." I tell him.

"I just thought that now that you're off in the industry and you're doing well, I thought you would leave me. So I started to distance myself before you would leave me... So I don't get hurt as much when you finally do." He explains.

"Do you even know how selfish you sound right now? How bloody stupid you sound right now?! I promised you I would never leave you no matter what. Unlike you, I keep my promises." I spit out.

"I'm really really sorry." It was all he could say.

"I'm sorry for me. I'm not sorry for letting you go." I walk away with tears brimming my eyes. But he grabs my wrist, and turns me to face him.

I hold my tears as best as I could as he talks.

"Wait. Just please give me another chance. I really don't wanna lose you. Please. I swear, please. Neither of us know what really will happen to our friendship. So please one last chance." He says with sad, sincere eyes.

"No. I'm sorry." I say, tears threatening to spill from my eyes.

"But think about it. We saw each other again! That must mean something, like it must be fate or something." He says, with sad hopeful eyes.

"Or maybe it's just for closure." I say, quickly turning round and leaving because if I blink one more time a tear will fall.

I start looking for Grace again through my tear-filled vision. It's a dark room with streaks of bright colors dancing around it.

"Hey! Emilee! What's up?" I turn around to see Tyler, and as I smile a tear falls.

"Oh my God! What happened?!" He asks concerned.

"Can we talk about this somewhere else? Somewhere quiet?" I suggest.

I know I just met Tyler but I feel like I've known him because I've watched a bunch of his videos, and he just has this feeling of security. It's like everything that I tell him will just stick with him. No one else will ever know.

Since I felt vulnerable at the moment I just stuck with that feeling. Hopefully, this feeling won't let me down. But I have a great feeling it won't.

We walk up some stairs, and we end up at the roof top.

"Talk to me girl." He says, once we sit on the floor.

I explain to him every single thing, as I hold back tears. Every word that comes out from my mouth brings back a million memories with him.

"I know it's hard, but I think you should forgive him, and give him another chance. As you said, you guys kept your friendship even with the distance for a year! And the amount of months you guys broke away is nothing compared to that. I understand you just mustered up the strength to finally let go but maybe that strength can be put to a test in a different way." He says with so much thought.

"But what if he leaves again?" I ask.

"You've let him go once with strength. I know you'll find it again." He smiles.

It was something about his reassurance, and the way he says every word to me, that made me believe this is the mature way to handle this.

"Okay, but I'm not gonna come to him." I say, looking away.

"But he already came to you." Tyler says.

"Then he can try again." I shrug, and smile.

"Whatever you say. Come on let's go party!" He says excitedly.

hey guys! a lot of drama in this one, next chapter won't be as heavy as this one. don't forget to vote and tell me what you think!

Coming Up On The Next Chapter:

"Sorry we're late." I look up, and saw Victoria.

Oh. Wait 'we're'? Seconds later Brooklyn comes in.

"Oh my gosh? Em?!" Victoria says excitedly, Brooklyn's head snaps up.

"Hi Victoria." I smile faintly.