“Bad day,” he sighed, “and there’s a lot of pressure on me at the moment,” he sighed. “Tomorrow’s a really important day and I'm petrified in case I screw up.”

  I was amazed by how open he was with me already.

  “It’s easier to get on with everything if you don’t think about your problems,” I said, understanding how ignoring problems generally stops me from worrying about them.

  “It’s not the sort of thing I can put to the back of my head to be honest with you.”

  “I know what that’s like,” I mumbled, staring into his dark brown eyes.

  He chuckled softly at me before taking another sip from his coffee.

  “So, why are you out at this time in the morning?” he asked bluntly.

  I stared at him for a moment. I didn’t know what to say, why am I here anyway? Why didn’t I just stay home tonight? Wait, why am I thinking about this now? I should be thinking about the gorgeous man in front of me.

  “Well... There isn’t really a short answer,” I whispered shyly as I thought about everything that had happened at school, at home and how the party was cut short. I don’t like looking back at the day because I never feel proud of anything, so I don’t really want to tell him all of that stuff, he’ll think I'm mad.

  I felt his hand land gently on my thigh and squeeze it supportively. The sudden body contact made my jump and I felt my heart start pounding heavily against my chest.

  “I'm sorry,” he whispered as he took his hand away. “I was just letting you know I'm here if you want to talk, but if you don’t it’s fine by me.”

  Wow, he said he was going to be there for me, he said he’s here if I want to talk. Does that mean this won’t be the last time I see him? I hope so!

  “Thanks,” I sighed. “And, I didn’t mind you... you know... touching me.”

  He grinned at me making me feel really stupid. I shouldn’t have said that, I bet he thinks I'm pathetic now. A complete idiot!

  “I like you Zack,” he chuckled.

  I gulped as I felt my heart skip a beat. A guy I like actually likes me back.

  “Cool,” I squeaked.

  I let out a groan. Why did my voice have to give up on me like that? I felt my cheeks going red as he laughed at how high my voice went.

  “This might seem like an odd question but, are you straight, bi... gay?” he asked uncomfortably.

  “Erm... I'm gay,” I whispered.

  I felt so weird saying that, it didn’t sound like it was even me speaking. I’ve never told anyone about me being gay and now a random stranger knows about it. What’s wrong with me? I didn’t have the guts to tell my friends but I somehow manage to tell him.

  “Same,” he smiled. “Are you alright?” He asked when he realised how nervous I looked.

  “You’re the first person I've told,” I sighed.

  “Are you being serious?” he asked sounding concerned.  I nodded weakly at him. “It’s an honour.”

  “Why did you want to know if I was gay?” I asked. My voice hadn’t come back to me yet. I've got no idea why it’s disappeared now, but I guess it happens.

  “Well, I assumed it would be easier for me to tell you that I’d love to spend a lot more time with you, if you at least swung both ways,” he smiled.