Chapter 2

What's it like being Lightskin or white Is it different I mean it can't be the only thing that's different from Being Lightskin is That there a lighter shade than us Dark skins it hard for us And we don't even do nothing I pray every night to god for tomorrow to be a different day but instead it's a worse day I hate being Alive.

-Destiny-

Me and Destiny were walking to the store to buy some food for the house with the food stamps we have when we go there Cali and Jabriel litte gang was out there being loud I sighed and we tried walking by but they stopped us I saw Des put her head down next thing I know Cali and her crew Started jumping on Destiny even Jabriel they jumped her for nothing.i couldn't help her they would Kill us both if I even tried a tear slipped from my eye I hate Being Dark skin I really do. They kicked Destiny she tried Standing up but instead fell they were laughing at her I saw The police coming they all ran To they're car but Jabriel got shot in the back by one of the police officers.i shook my head and put Destiny's arm around my shoulder as we walked in Giants.i grabbed a cart and picked up stuff like bread, Cereal,And stuff like that we left the store with At least 59 items Food stamps Always keep food on our table.i saw Destiny phone ring she picked it up and smiled she clicked Answer.

"hey Shekia...Nothing walking from Giant's...ok I'll be there...Alright bye girl...K bye"she hung up and smiled at me

We paid for a hack and as we were driving I saw Jabriel running from the cops but they got him and put him in hand cuffs I smiled and shook my head.i paid the Driver 20 dollars something I stole the other day from a guy.

"Make a left"i said then me And Destiny hopped out he opened the trunk and helped us

When we got all the bags inside and in the Fridge Destiny went to go take a shower I sat in the living room watching football the Ravens and the red skins were playing I Yelled in Excitement as the ravens made a Touch down.

"YEAHHHHH"i said clapping my hands

I saw destiny come from our bedroom she had on Some high waisted pants, And a long sleeve shirt that said 22,with her red converses her hair was in a messy bun.

"where you finna go"i said lifting a eyebrow

"To my friend Shekia house"she said walking away rolling her eyes

"Can I go"i said

"No you cannot bye D"she said shutting the door I shook my head and laughed

****

I walked down the street Jamming to Tupac-wonda why they call you a bitch.Some boys were hollering at me I could hear cause I had one earphone in because someone could snatch me up Compton ain't a safe place especially living in the hood with gang bangers and shit. I made my way to the bus stop I waited there until the 3 came I waited on the bus with people starring at me and Snickering I pulled the yellow cord and the bus stopped right in front of Shekia's Apartment complexes I smiled and read the Address and the Other info she sent me about her Apartment. I made it but I checked on my phone to see you this it I was scared to go up there because it was A nigga Who looked high and these Dark skin teenage boys just smiling at me looking at me like creeps so me being destiny I Ran straight pass emissions they tried to follow me in the house I was banging on Shekia door then I'm thinking her brother let me in and told the boys to Leave.,he was looking me up and down I felt uncomfortable.

"Is Shekia here"i said with a nervous smile

"Nah baby she Ain't she went to the store real quick, you must be her friend"he said