Chapter 21 : Mr. Eager

It's Monday again, and I'm here with a new update! Yay!

Dedicated to @AnamShaikh1 for always being one of the first people who vote and post sweet comments - you're the best!

Aaaand to throw you a bone - the next chapter will be dirty. Very, very, very dirty ... Happy waiting! ;)

Don't forget to vote and comment - and follow if you want to receive an e-mail every time I post a new chapter!

I still don't hear anything from Braden on Sunday. Me and Brooke go to my parents' for a lunch and the tension from the night before completely disappeared, thankfully. And the lunch goes amazing, my both parents love Brooke instantly, as I thought they would. But I'm just not that focused on everyone around me as I want to be. I have my phone clutched tightly in my hand the whole lunch, just in case I hear from Braden. I worry something happened to him, but I guess Brooke would already know if it did.

''Rory.''

I turn around and see my mum's worried look on me. I'm in the kitchen, washing the dishes and Brooke's probably watching a TV with my father.

''Is everything alright with you?'' My mum, ever an observer, asks me, her tone worried and her eyes showing that she knows something's up with me so I better not lie to her.

I shrug and turn back to the dishes. ''I guess,'' I murmur half-heartedly.

I feel my mum's hand on my shoulder. ''Leave the dishes and look at me.'' I sigh and slowly do as she said. ''Now talk to me. What's bothering you?''

How do you really tell your mum you're having a sexual relationship with a man who you're falling for, but he doesn't even want to hear a word 'relationship' or 'love'? Exactly – you don't. I don't want my father to go search for his gun.

''I'm seeing someone.'' I bite my lip and suddenly become very nervous, because I don't know what my mum will think about me being with someone else so soon after my break up.

She looks puzzled and it makes me nervous even more. ''A man?'' she asks and leans further back from me.

I nod.

She looks at a loss for words. ''But ... is it serious?'' It's obvious she can't wrap her mind around the thought.

I slowly shake my head. ''No. It's not serious. Not really.'' I carefully watch her expression.

Her lips are in a straight line and her face looks a bit paler. ''But you want it to be serious,'' she says and it's not a question.

I lower my eyes because I suddenly have tears in them. ''Yeah,'' I murmur and my voice cracks.

My mum's arms are suddenly around me, squeezing me in a tight hug I desperately need. ''Ah, baby girl. Have you tried to talk to him about this?'' My mum brushes my hair softly, as she did when I was a little girl when I cried and she tried to comfort me. And her touch now brings me all the comfort I need.

''No. It's really complicated between us.''

Mum breaks from the hug and looks at me – really looks at me. ''It's only complicated if you make it that way, sweetheart. If you want this to work, you have to talk to him. Tell him how you feel, because he can't know how you feel if you don't tell him.''

Maybe my mum's right. And maybe she's wrong. She doesn't know Braden. She doesn't know the man he is. I fear he's going to leave me if I tell him how I feel about him. ''But the thing is, he doesn't want a relationship. Not with me, not with anyone else, and he told me that many, many times.''