Chapter 3: Rumors

-Nikki 

After a long day of shopping in Little Italy with her best friend, Nikki had finally gotten back home just in time to lay down and relax. John was still overseas on the WWE Euro tour, & she was desperately missing him. He'd sent her a gorgeous pair of shoes, that she adored. And now she was just laying around daydreaming...Daydreaming about him. How perfect he was in every way. She closed her eyes and picture his face, she then felt the warmth of his arms wrap around her, it was almost like he was there. 

As she opened her eyes,  she got the random urge to check her phone. She didn't know why, but she also felt like she needed to check her twitter account. She logged in and pulled up her page, she went straight to her @mentions, where she saw thousands and thousands of tweets talking about her and John, which brought a smile to her face. Then, she caught glimpse of a name, a name she'd seen before. Just before her and John had gotten together, this girls name had been brought up a multiple amount of times. Her name was Kendra Lust. 

Yeah, she knew the whole story, John supposively cheated on his wife with her, and blah blah blah. But they had both denied the rumors. Even Kendra herself had said nothing had ever happened between her and John, and now...Nikki braced herslef before reading the tweets. She's claiming they had slept together? She felt her heart sink down into her feet. She then felt the color flush out of her cheeks. What was this girl thinking? She denied it and now she's just randomly brings up that she's "banged" him. 

"No. No. No." Nikki thought to herself. She knew it wasn't true, and she wasn't going to let it get to her, but she couldn't help it she felt her blood boiling inside. She watched continuously as her and John's fans defended them both. She felt a sense of pride, while reading all the tweets. Then, her phone rang, which scared her at first. It was Bryan, her sister Brie's boyfriend. "Why is he calling Me?" she thought to herself. She answered, 

"Hello?" 

"Hey babe." 

She was startled by the fact that it was John speaking to her through the other end of the phone. Then she connected the dots, John never brings his phone overseas, so he's borrowed Bryan's to call her. Okay, but what for?

"Hey!...What's up?" she replied.

"Okay, so I'm pretty sure you've seen them, I just found them, Bryan showed me." 

"John, what are you talking about?" she relpied

"The tweets? From Kendra? Babe, I'm just calling to tell you that nothing she's saying is true. I know that you know that, but I just wanted to tell you again. I would hate to know that you were all the way over there worrying. I just wanted to tell you that, I love you, and I miss you more than anything right now."

She smiled to herself, it felt like a thousand pounds had just been taken off of her shoulders.

"Babe, I love you too, I miss you more than you'll ever know. Now stop worrying about me and go to sleep. Okay? You've got a long day ahead of you tomorrow and you need your rest." 

She heard him sigh at the other end of the phone. 

"Alright," he chuckled. "Goodnight beautiful. But before I go, I just want you to know, that you're mine. There is no one else on this earth that I would trade you for. You're...perfect. I love you." 

"Awe, Goodnight babe, I love you too. Now get some sleep." she relpied. 

They said their goodbyes and hung up the phone. Nikki slid down in her bed, put her phone on the bedside table and pulled the covers up to her neck, his words ringing in her head "You're mine, there is no one else on this earth that I would trade you for." She smiled, closed her eyes, and drifted off to sleep.

*to be continued.