Chapter 1

"I just got through security and my plane leaves in a few minutes so I'll be there soon." Jennika shouted over the phone.
"Can't wait to see you! I'll be waiting." I answered back. We said our goodbyes and she hung up. I couldn't believe that I was finally going to be reunited with my best friend. She had orientation at the University of LA the first week of June, and I agreed to help her move into her dorm and help her decorate. Then we'd be off to Europe. First stop was Italy, then wherever our hearts desired to go. It was only 7 am and I was still in bed. Jennika's flight would probably arrive around 12 or 1 in the afternoon, which meant I still had plenty of time to clean my room, take a shower, get ready and drive to the airport.
I stumbled out of my bed and into my bathroom. My bleach blonde hair was in need of a good wash and I was overdue on shaving my legs. As I turned on the shower I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror. My skin was still pale- ish, probably from the lack of me going outside, but my body was toned. I started working out a lot lately because I could just lose myself in the music and in my rapid heartbeat, it helped me forget how lame and pathetic my life was. Shower time was basically planning time, I planned out a few more things for me and Jennika to do while in Italy and started making a mental list of what to buy for the trip.
After the shower I got dressed and let my hair to air dry, this would leave my hair in beautiful beach waves, which Cosmopolitan called "Sexy waves".
Cleaning my room was also something I enjoyed doing, it just made me feel extremly put together and "grown up". I made my bed and picked up some clothes from the ground and hung them up (color coded) into my closet.
I threw on some cropped leggings, a neon yellow tank top from Victoria's Secret and some white Vans. I still had a few hours before I had to leave for the airport so I decided on having a nutritious breakfast. If it wasn't for our butler, Sam, we would never have any fresh food in our house, Sam always made sure there were fresh fruits and veggies in the fridge and other basic human food, like milk, eggs, and bread.
I made myself a tomato and pepper omelet with a side of some brown toast, and then settled on some orange juice, it was an expentionally nice morning so I took my breakfast out to the patio to enjoy it. The perks of being rich and famous was that our house was located right along the beach. Every morning I could hear and see the waves crashing up against the shore, it was also a private beach, more specific we had almost twenety acres of land all to ourselves, therefore I never worried about paparazzi or some of my dad's crazy fans.
I enjoyed my meal while enjoying the peace that the ocean brought me. It wasn't long until I heard the patio door slide open.
"Hey, I'm off to work, I'll be home late again." It was my dad, he didn't do the whole 'good morning, how'd you sleep?' thing, it was always work and that'd he be home late.
"K." I replied, my dad had given up trying to have any relationship with me when once I turned sixteen and I slowly was beginning to drift away from even trying to restore the family we used to have. He was now just some guy that lived with me, not my father. He closed the door without saying another word. I never gave my dad a hard time, I wasn't some rebellious teenager that snuck out at night and stole alcohol. I was quiet and never seeked attention from the stardom world. Instead of going to some red carpet event I'd rather sit at home and read a book or watch a movie.
A few years ago my dad forced me to attend a gala with him, it was a dedication night for my dad, something about what a "great" man he was. My dad said it would be embarassing to his reputation if his own daughter didn't attend. My dad hired a few stylist and I was put into a ten thousand dollar designer dress, paired with 5 inch heels and jewerly expensive enough to buy several cars. Not only that but I was dolled up with layers of makeup and with lots of hairspray. The red carpet was the worst, the flashing cameras, people constantly yelling your name from all directions. It's awkward too, I never knew how to pose or how to smile. After that gala I was on almost every magazine in the entire world. I read a few of them, to sum up what most of the articles said about me was that I had "hidden beauty" with "hidden talent" somewhere in me. Most articles were positive saying how Dalton's mysterious daughter should get out more, others called me a brat that basically didn't appreciate what I had.
Right. Because I'm living the dream of any teenage girl. At the event many of my dad's friends would ask me why I didn't participate more often in these types if events. I smiled and said I was studying and getting a college degree, which was true at the time. The gala itself seemed so pointless and selfish, but I had to smile and clap everytime my dad said something "inspirational". That was the last time I ever attended anything with my dad.
I checked the time and found that it was almost eleven. I decided to buy some iced gingerbread cookies that Jennika and I used to devoure when we were kids, and also some pink lemondae. The little treats would bring back sweet memories of how perfect our lives seemed at the time when we were young.