Chaper 7- Getting Back Home

Start from the beginning

                “Avery?’ I question as I rub the sleep from my eyes.

                “Avery?” Asher sits up a little too eagerly for his liking.

                “Uhm, yeah,” she says blushing a little bit. I turn to my best friend and see him blushing a bit as well. Oh, wait till the guys hear about this, big bad Asher blushing, unheard of.

                “What’s wrong, is London alright?” I ask once I get over this little episode.

                “That’s what I wanted to talk to you about, do you remember how much time passed when you gave her the sleeping pill?” she asks looking pointedly at us. Asher takes me by surprise when he looks down shamefully I smirk but when I see the look Avery gives me I look down as well. Sheesh, do they take lessons on ‘deadly stares’?

                “Uhm, sure it was like ten-twenty minutes,” I inform her. She nods her head.

                “We have a problem,” she tells me before leading us out to the room in which they slept in.

London’s POV:

                At first, darkness is all I see, and then I begin to see images, blurry images. It’s like when you play back a film and then you finally settle on a certain scene. The images finally begin to come into focus. I see a dirty old house, its dark very dark. Suddenly a lamp in the corner of the room lights up and I gasp at the scene before me. Two girls sit there tied up, tears staining their cheeks, one a bit older than the other, maybe a year or two, the younger one shaking from fear or cold who knows.

                “Stop crying Dum-Don, we’re going to be fine and when we’re through we’ll eat all the ice cream you can dream of,” the older girl tries to placate the younger, who I’m guessing nickname is Dum-Don.

                “Ally, I don’t feel good,” the younger, sobbing girl tells the other and with that the scene fades away.

Aiden’s POV:

                “Well, when we woke up and remembered what you idiots did we agreed on leaving once again ‘cause you cut our vacation short. We were waiting for London to wake up and peel out because there was no way she was going to say ‘no’. Plus, I was doing you a favor because when we left you wouldn’t get beaten to death by her but she hasn’t woken up. And let me take this time to inform you that if something happens to her, I’ll kill you,” Avery explains and threatens at the same time. I try to keep the poker face but I may be shitting my pants on the inside, she can be scary. No wonder she and London are best friends.

                I called my family doctor over and explained to him what happened. After checking on London and lecturing us on the dangers of drugging someone he declares her healthy. We explained to him what happened earlier and her trip to the hospital. He explained that her body has to regenerate that used up energy since it’s been pushing itself to the limit.     The guys walk the doctor out listening to him ramble once again with the dangers of drugging people to sleep as if it’s the first time we do this. Asher, Avery, and I stayed behind in the room looking over London.

                “What is she or rather what are you guys hiding?” Asher breaks the silence and we both turn to look at Avery.

                “That is none of your business,” she says coldly. “Did you guys have your people drive my car back or is it still in the shop?” she questions.