The Future.

• Dedicated to All of My Amazing Readers.

I took a deep breath. It was now or never. This was the time to tell him. He deserves to know, deserves a chance. I have to tell him. I have to.

I looked at him deeply, looking into his ice blue eyes, and I said, "I lied."

-

-

-

-

Not being in control of people's love was weird. Dad said it's how it felt when I hit puberty and took over. It's like something is missing, but being the new Father Time took over that. Eli didn't feel like I felt, though. We could both feel and see the same things. It was very bizarre. It really made me wonder what else was in the world, if there's something bigger than us, like some type of gods or goddesses. It's divinely magical, whatever it is.

I was sitting on the couch a few weeks later after everything had become normal, Beau resting on me, sleeping. I couldn't help but wonder if he'll grow up to be like me. He's already going to be Jack Frost, which is weird to say because his name is Beauregard Frost-Heart. Everyone who doesn't personally know him will call him Jack, but we'll call him Jack. Though if he ends like me, then he'll be called Cupid. And if he ends up being Father Time, he'll be called Father Time. So he'll basically be the most powerful being out there. I recalled what Pierre said about him. When he was dropped off onto the streets, they couldn't see who dropped him off. It was just a massive light. So maybe Beau is like the first Father Time. Maybe he's considered divine. Kind of like Jesus, and he is helping people, too. Hm. Maybe Jesus was a magical being like all of us. He could've been a wizard or something like that. Never really thought about that.

Anyway, May 1st came around and Beau came into our room early in the morning. He climbed onto our bed and held my nose, but I was already awake because he shook the bed. I smiled once I couldn't breath and opened my eyes. "Wake Dad up," I told him.

He climbed onto Jack and pinched his nose. Jack hadn't been awake and so he started coughing and woke up. He looked up at Beau drowsily and asked, "Why'd you wake me up?"

"Today's my birthday."

Jack and I snapped our heads at each other and then back to Beau. "It's your birthday sweetie?" Jack asked.

"Yep. I remember."

"Oh, well...let's get you all cleaned up then," Jack said looking at me. "And then we'll make you breakfast."

"Okay. I'll get the bath ready!" He ran into the bathroom and I jumped out of bed. I put on all of my clothes and high-tailed it out of the house. I went to the local toy store and bought a bunch of toys and clothes, too for Beau. It was kind of easy because he loved any toy. I bought all of those and then wrapped them in the parking lot. I snuck all of the presents back into the house just as Beau and Jack were done cleaning up.

"Alright. Let's make a birthday breakfast," I said. "Oh-wait. We have school."

"And?" Jack asked. "We can skip one day."

"You're right. Beau comes first." I scooped him up and we went into the kitchen to make cinnamon rolls. Everyone woke up once they were done and we told them it was Beau's birthday, acting like we had known all along. We ate food and then we just played with him in the back yard, playing with a frisbee.

Around this time last year, Jack and I weren't even together. We were getting closer, but we hadn't even had our first date yet. It's insane to me. Jack and I get together after a few years of despising each other, and then wind up married with a son not even a year later. Then Dad and Eli took almost twenty years to get together. It's really bizarre how these things happen, but they simply do. I really couldn't have asked for a more amazing family to be with. I wish my mom and Jack's dad could be here to make it complete, but I knew they were still happy.