Chapter 2 - Pranking Kale

Early upload :D Because I'm bored and I already have 6 chapters written out.

------

"Denise, how are you holding up?" Suzy asks, handing her blonde-haired friend a cup of hot chocolate.

She stops sobbing and hiccoughing for a moment and smiles weakly at Suzy. "I'm fine."

Denise holds the warm hot chocolate in her hands and takes a long sip from it.

"I'm stupid, aren't I?" she says, looking up at Suzy.

Suzy smiles cordially. "You're not. The only person who's stupid is Kale. He's the one who doesn't know what the hell he's missing out on. Look at you, you're like..the epitome of awesomeness!"

Denise giggles softly. "Thanks Su. For everything. You could go hang out with your usual gang but you've chosen to hang out with your heart-broken, pissed off, sad, teary, stupid friend."

"Anytime, Dee." Suzy says, patting her on the head.

Suddenly, a crazy but perfect idea hits Suzy right smack-bang in the face.

"Dee..I've got a way you can get back at Kale."

******

Suzy plops down on her couch.

"Mum, I'm home!" she yells in a lazy way.

Denise stands awkwardly next to a cabinet.

"Sit down, Dee. Make yourself at home!" Suzy exclaims, sensing Denise's uncomfortableness.

She jumps off the couch and pushes Denise gently towards the couch.

"Now..this is where you sit." Suzy says, smiling playfully.

Denise sits down obediently, the couch dipping in.

Suzy plumps up some cushions and places the behind Denise's back.

"Welcome to the Jenson House!" Suzy yells, pulling her arms out to add a dramatic effect.

Denise claps very loudly.

"Woo!" she squeals exaggeratedly.

The both giggle.

The sound of the front door closing can be heard and both Denise and Suzy turn to see who just came in.

"What did I miss?" Seth's handsome face pops out from behind the side of the kitchen counter.

"Nothing." Suzy states simply.

Footsteps can be heard creaking on the old stairs.

"Hey mum." Suzy says without looking up.

"I see you've invited a new friend over!" her mother says, waving at Seth and giving a polite nod to Denise.

Suzy's mother was a laid-back woman who always laughed at smiled as if nothing could make her unhappy. She had the same brown hair that flowed down her shoulders but her eyes were a grey-green rather than Suzy's glowing brown eyes.

"Hello Mrs Jenson, I'm Denise." she says uncomfortably.

"No need to be so formal, Denise! I'm not an cranky old hag! Just pretend I'm one of your BFFs or something." Suzy's mother says, grinning childishly.

Denise glanced at Suzy and then back at her mother.

"It's true. My mother is the finest example of a laid-back mother." Suzy whispers.

"Okay, well, that was awkward.." Seth says, interrupting.

Suzy smiles gently. "Mum, did you need any help baking the cake? Amelia's dying to dig in! She's coming in about...10 minutes."

Suzy's mum shakes her head daintily. "No, I'll get Gregory to help. He needs to get his head out of his books and back in the kitchen, where he belongs." she says, laughing a little.

"Rhonda, I think you've got your situations reversed. I'm the man of the family." a brown haired, dark brown eyed man says, smiling.

"Denise, my dad. Dad, Denise." Suzy says, introducing them to each other.

They give each other a nod and Suzy's dad hugs her mum from behind.

Suzy whizzes around, slightly embarrassed. She pushes Denise and Seth upstairs.

"Let's get away from the lovebirds." she says quickly.

She opens the door to a simple room, adorned with rainbow polka dot wallpaper, a oak wardrobe, a four poster bed, a baby blue bedside table, a nice bookshelf and a study table with things placed on it.

"Welcome to my awesome room!" Suzy exclaims, excitement running through her veins.

Seth looks around, wide-eyed. "I've been here more than 100 times and this is the first time you've let me in your room. Why are you in such a good mood?" he asks, giving her a suspicious look.

"Suzy, does this have something to do with getting back at Kale?" Denise asks, smiling mischieviously.

"What? We're going to do something hilarious to Kale? I'm in!" Everyone turns to the doorway and sees Amelia and Simon standing there.

Suzy grins. "Cool. Well..here's the plan...."

******

"I'M HERE!" Kale yells, bursting through the front door.

There is not one noise..everything is silent.

Kale walks around the house and then up the stairs. "This isn't funny..I-I know you guys are out there!"

Suzy jumps out of her room. "BOO!"

Kale squeals like a girl. "OH MY GOD, WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN THERE?"

"Nothing.." Seth says, coming out from Suzy's room. The rest of the gang follow him out, giggling.

"Oh you better tell me now or you get the SLAP!" Kale yells, holding his hand up in a 'ready' position.

Suzy shies away from his hand. "You've been watching way too much How I Met Your Mother." she states, rolling her eyes.

"And you don't watch too much Masterchef?" Kale says, in a really annoying voice that makes you want to punch his face but then you stop because it's too perfect and you don't want to ruin it.

"Oh, shut up Kale. Let's all go downstairs and pig out on strawberry shortcake, coke, coke, lemonade, coke, coke and more coke!" Suzy says, gesturing to the stairs.

"NO ONE EAT THE CAKE! IT'S MINE!" Amelia yells, running down the stairs faster than the speed of light.

They all stand there awkwardly. "Well..let's go and just drink sugary beverages then..." Suzy says, walking down the stairs and pulling the rest of the gang along with her.

"Oh..yeah..so what's Denise doing here?" Kale asks, smiling fakely.

Denise sticks out her tongue. "Wilkens, you'll be regretting you ever left me."

Suzy grins. "Well..one bottle of coke each!" she says, handing a 2L bottle out to everyone.

After a while, they all feel tired and horrible.

"That was a mistake." Seth says, grasping his stomach in pain.

Kale nods in agreement. "I-I'm going to the bathroom."

He walks to the nearest door, opens it and walks inside.

"Oops. Just walked in on your parents making out. Awkward.." he says and then walks to a lilac door which is labelled 'Toilette'.

"I'm going into the right room, right?" Kale asks, grinning crookedly. Suzy nods.

He walks in, and then comes out after 15 minutes.

"What...What the heck!!!!" Kale yells.

The gang and Denise all crack up laughing.

"WHY IS MY ASS BLUE?" he yells, his face turning distinctively red.

"Food.dye.toilet.paper.wipe.bum.blue." Suzy says between her laughs. She gasps for air between every word.

"You..you..SUZY JENSON, YOU ARE SO DEAD!" Kale yells, his fail murderous glare only making Suzy laugh harder.