(8)

* * * *

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift of God, which is why we call it the present."

― Bil Keane

* * * *

{Chapter: 8}

Unedited ✖

{ A S P E N M O N T G OM E R Y }

I stare at the cute little restaurant on the corner, it's interior design giving it a cute café sort of vibe where people with southern accents and friendly personality's would work, a place where you would go to just relax and have a nice coffee with friends. It's worn down walls are painted a baby blue with a light brown roof and some of the shutters beginning to fall apart on the sides, but although it needs some work it still looks comfy.

But as much as the adorable little café intrigues me, the man standing beside me out bests the small building in every way.

Now dressed in a pair of low riding jeans and a t-shirt, Nicholai stands at his magnificent height, towering over me by at least five inches. We'd come to an agreement to discuss everything after I'd been fed seeing as I haven't eaten in well over five hours.

It took me a while but I finally persuaded him, but only after I'd threatened his manliness did he agree. I may not know the guy well but when I'm hungry not even a werewolf can stand in my way.

I'm a hormonal teenage girl, deal with it.

Like a gentleman, he holds the door for me to enter. I mutter a thank you before stepping in. He follows behind me, his body heat seeping through my clothing and making me shudder, but in a good way.

A friendly looking waiter makes his way in our direction, sending a friendly smile in our direction. I can feel Nicholai tense from behind me but I ignore it.

"Just two?"

I nod at the boy who looks no older than nineteen, flashing him a small smile of my own.

"Can we have a booth?" I ask.

"Sure thing, sweetheart." He say's, his tone sugary sweet.

I can feel the air thicken a bit as the boy locks eyes with the big man behind me. Nicholai steps even closer than before and as the young waiters brown eyes widen, I take a look over my shoulder to see a stone-faced Nicholai glaring fiercely down at the boy who is barely tall enough to reach his chin.

I glance between the two. The boy quickly averts his eyes and clears his throat, mumbling for us to follow behind him. Nicholai gently presses a hand to my lower back, guiding me towards the booth where we both take a seat.

The boy quickly tells us somebody will be here to take out order shortly before disappearing with his tail between his legs.

"Geez, do you purposely try to make people pee their pants?" I mumble, flicking my eyes over my menu to gaze at Nicholai who doesn't look the least bit sorry.

He grunts, otherwise ignoring my question. I roll my eyes, flipping the page of the menu. I take my time figuring out what I want before setting it down on the table in front of me. I nervously fiddle with my fingers in my lap, glancing at Nicholai who is staring absentmindedly out of the window, having known what he wanted five minutes before me.

I open my mouth but before I can talk, a flimsy looking blonde appears beside our table with a notepad and pen, looking like some sort of stripper from how revealing her shirt is and how tight her pants are but from the name tag on her chest I assume she's our given waitress.