New Faces

One

A blue taxi drove along the coast towards the town. When it reached Cliffside, it pulled up outside Seaview Place Ella's old house. A woman wearing jet black heels and a mink coat strode towards the door as an overweight taxi driver hauled her luggage up the drive. She was about to put her key in the lock when she turned to find Bethan and Josh eager to greet her.
"Hi, welcome to Cliffside. I'm Bethan by the way."
"Hey," replied the woman "My name is Lara, I've just moved here from Los Angeles"
"Really? Cool." Said Josh.
"Nice to meet you both."
"Were kind of in a hurry, so we ha e to get along. Nice meeting you too." Ended Bethan.

Bethan yanked Josh down the driveway and towards the pub, where they had made a reservation for the curry night, which Bethan got excited for every Thursday night.

Lara tried again to put her key in the lock. Sha had a familiar grin on her face. Suddenly the door swung open. "Hi, I'm Elly." Stated the strange brunette in the doorway.
"I'm Lara."
"Aah, my new roommate, well... housemate, we have separate rooms."
"Good to know."
"I better hurry, or I'll be late for my shift at the pub. Make yourself at home, I'll bring you back some curry if you want.?"
"Curry would be great, thanks."
"See you later."
"Bye"

Lara entered the house. She instructed the taxi driver to leave her bags in her room. She paued him, the abruptly slammed the door in his face. She pushed her hair over her left shoulder and stared in the mirror. She managed a smile, then proceeded to the living room.