1

If we are being honest here...I would have to admit that I am actually slightly excited for the first day of school. This is my senior year why wouldn't I be excited, I am so close to finally leaving this hell hole.

My alarm clock reads 6:29 as I stare at it waiting for it to break the silence of the morning. I watch as the numbers change to 6:30 and the digital beeping sound pierces my ears. I pull myself from my warm bed that my body has molded to through out the night and walk down stairs to get my breakfast.

As usual, no one is awake yet and the house it still pretty dark, quietly I pullout a yogurt from the fridge and eat it in my own silence waiting to hear my older brother coming down the stairs.

As I throw away my trash I hear the thumping foot steps of Grayson and see his figure come into the kitchen.

"Morning." He yawns.

"Good morning." I say before dropping my metal spoon on the floor on the way to the sink. I bend down to pick it up and quickly stand up as my brother is opening the cereal cabinet above me and the back of my head collides with the hard wood.

"Oh my freaking god!" I yell in pain.

"Shh-hh-shh." Grayson shushes while quietly laughing. "Ray is still sleeping." He points to the ceiling as if her room was right above us.

I return back to my room while rubbing my hand over the knot that I feel on my head and go to the bathroom to brush my teeth and hair. Finally dressed and presentable, I grab my backpack that is almost empty because I haven't had any classes yet.

When I reach our front door I slide on my sandals and find Grayson cutting fruit for our little sister Ray.

"So, I am guessing no ride on my first day of school?" I question.

"Nope, remember today is also Ray's first day of Kindergarten," he says "Mom is coming back tonight so she can drive you tomorrow morning."

I roll my eyes even though he can't help that my mom is almost never here and I walk out the door and start walking on the old cracked side walk. It's only  a little past 7 in the morning and its already so hot out.

I watch my feet closely as I try to avoid all the cracks and lines in the side walk as I walk. Suddenly, a woman shirks in my ear and I notice that she has dropped her box that she was carrying and I realize that I had cut her off on her way back up her driveway.

I bend down to help the stranger put all the...dish towels...back into the box.

"Sorry," I say. "My fault."

She gives me a forced smile. "Don't worry it's early in the morning still."

I had forgotten the my neighbors had sold their house and that new people were going to be moving in soon.

"Are you moving in?" I ask stacking the last towel in the box.

The blonde, middle aged woman looks up at me with her perfectly made up face. "Yes," she straightens her dress. "Moving day and all my kids need to go to school instead of helping."

"Sorry, to hear that, but I am a kid that needs to go to school too." I smile at her and continue walking. That was a pretty goof first impression I think to myself.

My conversation skills have never been too good but I have gotten better at speaking to adults. When it comes to kids and teens my age I never really know what to say.

I see my school at the end of the long road and spot the other kids starting to dot the sidewalks as they make their way to the first day of school as well.

Finally in the building and out of the heat, I show up to my first class ten minutes early and sit in the back of the class room just scanning around the area because not even my teacher is in it.

The sound of light murmuring and the occasional yell from my fellow class mates fills the room as they enter and take their seats all happily greeting each other after a long summer of "not seeing one another" but I am sure they probably saw each other at every party they went to these passed few months.

"Class, Class, Class," my teacher calls from the front of the room to quiet the students down. "I am Ms. Evans as you might know, This is your English 12 class. Now, I know you all are the "big bad seniors" and don't think you have to do any work because "you are leaving for college at the end of the year" but I will not tolerate that kind of thinking in my class."

A couple of kids huff in annoyance but for the most part people stay quiet.

"Please," she continues. "There is not a lot I ask in this class so just read the books, do the assignments and you and I will get along just fine. Now as for to-"

Ms. Evans is cut off by the squeaking sound the door makes when it is opened. A tall, skinny, boy will the whitest hair I have ever seen walks in awkwardly standing in front of the class.

"New student?" Ms. Evans questions with a monotone voice as though she has had to introduce a new student everyday of her life.

The boy nods his head. "Lucky Blue Smith." He tells her his full name as she looks at her papers on her desk.

"Alright, I gotcha, have a seat Lucky."

His eyes scan around the room and he sees the empty chair next to me. Heat rushes through my body as he approaches me. He walks over to the seat and pulls it away from the deck and drags it over to a girl in my class named Emily's desk.

"Mind if I share with you?" he asks with a smirk and Emily nods while playing with her hair.

That was rather rude, however I can't complain because now I have my whole desk to myself.

The whole class we go over the syllabus and I hear snickering from Lucky, Emily, and her original seat partner, Caroline.

How are they going to fit all together behind that desk with three people for the whole year and why is Ms. Evans allowing it?

Class is dismissed and I make my way through the rest of my morning classes smiling at the familiar faces I have known at the school, people who I wouldn't call my friends but people who I am glad I am acquainted with. I walk to my last class after my lunch period and get stuck behind a group of people walking painfully slow in front of me.

I recognize the bleached hair of Lucky as I scan the back of their heads. Literally two girls hang on each of his shoulders and they all walk like a wall of humans through the halls. Out of everyone I have to be stuck behind them.

I clear my throat loudly twice trying to get passed them but it seems as though every time I shift to the right, so do they and every time I try to get around on the left side, they shift to the left too.

"Excuse me." I say in a weak voice and one girl snaps her head around and looks at me. She rolls her eyes and removes her arm from one of the girls shoulders so I can pass through. I silently thank her because that was actually really nice of her and I slip between the two girls. A harsh pull on my shoes keeps my foot in its place and gravity pulls my whole body crashing down to the tiled floor as my body kept moving forward, along with another girl and she lands on top of me.

She basically screams in my face when she lands. Caroline, I believe her name is, pushes her self off of me and scoffs before linking arms with Lucky again who is looking down at me with amusement all over his face.

"She fucking tripped me." I hear Caroling saying as they all walk away. I am pretty sure that one of them tripped me and she just lost her balance from the sky-high heels she felt the need to wear to school.

The hall is now completely empty because 6th period has started and I brush my self off before running off to my next class a few rooms down the hall that I am now late to. 

Perfect.

--------------------

A/N:

Okay so thoughts on the first chapter.....I definitely am going to have more fun with this story. Thanks for reading and please vote ;)))))

xx. Scar