9.

Jaymee

Feeding Harry was a mess. Every time I feed him a spoonful of this horrid looking soup, he smiled, and it spilled everywhere.

I called Dr. Gill into the room so she could observe the now filthy sheets.

"My goodness, Harry! Guess you didn't like that clam chowder!" Gill laughed. "Well, you haven't got up and walked around lately, so maybe Miss Jaymee can escort you around the hallway while we find you some new sheets."

Harry's face lit up with excitement. "Y-yes!"

Dr. Gill turned to me, rolling Harry's I.v. towards me. "He likes to walk around and talk to everyone. He's very personable. Keep this with him."

I helped Harry out of the bed and into the hallway, rolling his I.V. steadily beside me.

"W-wanna seeeee B-be-tttty..." Hard grabbed hold of my arm and literally dragged me a few doors down from his.

Without knocking, Harry tumbled into the room, where and older woman sat staring at a bible study on television.

"Harry! So nice to see your up and walking." The woman, Betty, I assumed, noticed me. "And you are?"

Before I could answer, Harry came to the rescue. "J-Jayyymee!"

Betty laughed. "Hello Jaymee. I'm Betty. I didn't know Harry had a visitor."

I explained why I was visiting Harry, and she grinned widely at me. "How sweet. I'm sure Harry really enjoys you coming."

Harry nodded and sat down in a rocking chair next to the woman's bed.

"I'm going home tomorrow, Harry. I'm sure going to miss you." Betty smiled at Harry.

"No....n-not sickkkk?"

"No. I beat cancer." She assured him.

"Congratulations." I stepped in, Harry pawing at my sweater.

Betty nodded. "I get to go home to my husband and kids. I couldn't be more blessed."

"N-nice. Buh... B-bye bet-betty." Harry abruptly stood up and dragged me out of the room, along with His I.V.

"Are you alright?" I asked once we were walking the halls again.

"E-every...one go hhho-home and H-Harry can't." Harry sniffed.

My heart throbbed for him. "I'm sorry. I'm sure they'll let you out for Halloween. That's next week."

Harry blinked rapidly. "A-ask Gwwwen...Gwennie."

As if one cue, Dr. Gill approached us. "Your room is all cleaned up, sport." She told Harry.

Harry poked her chest. "Jay-jaymee ask G-gwennieeee..." And with that he dragged himself and I.V. into his room.

Dr. Gill glanced at me. "I'm sorry you just experienced him touching my breast. He's really touchy and doesn't know better."

I shook it off. "I have a question."

"Yes?"

"Is Harry well enough to go out for Halloween?"

Dr. Gill considered this. "We'll have to watch him and up His medication. Does he want to leave?"

I nodded. "He seems upset that everyone else can leave and he can't."

"We you going to take him somewhere?"

"Maybe."

Hopefully I'll be able to, but who knows.

What a weird Halloween costume that would be. Me, the doctor. Harry, the patient.
*****************************
Woot woot!

Double update!

Let me know what ya think!

Love ya!
-Jessi