Chapter 35: Problems

*Naomi is now eight months pregnant.*

Jim was sitting on the bridge, bored out of his mind. Uhura got a call from Naomi. All Jim heard was 'Pain. Might be labor. Help.'

He stood up and bolted to the door, hitting his side on a console. He tripped and fell into the turbo lift, hitting his head on the other side. Spock stood up and raced into the turbo lift before it could close.

"Captain, I would advice you to go to sickbay." Spock said, helping Jim stand. His side was hurting quite badly and blood ran down his face.

"I'll be in sickbay, but not for myself." Jim muttered, pressing his hand to his head to slow bleeding.

The turbo lift opened and Jim stumbled out. He was dizzy from blood loss, a good amount of blood covered his face and shirt. Spock took Jim's arm and put it over his shoulder.

"I'll help you walk and get Naomi, but after that you are getting this fixed." Spock insisted.

Jim typed in the access code to the wall and the door opened. He heard Naomi gasp in pain and mutter "ow ow ow ow ow!"

"Naomi!" Jim exclaimed, stumbling over to the table. He sat down and motioned for Spock to grab a towel.

"Jim, I think I'm in labor." Naomi said, yelling in pain. She definitely looked like she was ready to have kids. She looks nine months pregnant while only being eight. That's what twins do.

"Let's get to sickbay." Jim muttered standing up. He instantly collapsed. "The floor is dirty." He said, standing back up.

Spock took Naomi's arm and helped her stand. He assisted her in walking, while Jim walked behind them, tripping into things and knocking them over.

"Jim, can you stop bumping into things?" Naomi asked, wincing in pain.

"I'm not trying too." He answered, as they walked into sickbay. He fell onto a nurse, but she was strong enough to catch him.

Naomi was automatically put in a wheelchair and whisked into a room. Doctors began looking her over, while doctors looked over Jim. He resisted with every muscle he had.

"Well Naomi, you aren't in labor. They are Braxton Hicks contractions. Although, since you are carrying twins labor will come earlier, I suspect a couple weeks. Maybe three. Maybe less. It's especially hard to tell while you have twins. It could be any day. If you have more pain like that, come in." The doctor said, informing her.

"Oh. How's my husband?" Naomi asked, trying to distract herself form the fact that the babies could be born any day.

"He's alright. I'll send him in if you'd like." The doctor suggested. Naomi nodded and seconds after the doctor left, Jim came running in.

"Are you okay! Are the babies okay?! Are you in labor!?" He asked, worry in his face.

"I'm fine, I'm fine. I'm not in labor. The babies are fine." Naomi answered, calming Jim down.

"Thank god." He sighed, sitting in a chair.

"Can you thank Spock for me? They want me to stay here for the rest of the day." Naomi said.

"Sure." Jim answered nodding. "I should go back to work, as much as I don't want to."

He kissed her cheek and walked out, sad he had to leave. Naomi looked down at her stomach and laughed. 

"You two aren't even born yet and you're causing trouble." She muttered, smiling.