Chapter 29: Wedding

Naomi and Jim have known each other for nine and a half months. They have been engaged for a month and three weeks. Today is the day of their wedding. The collage is for reference. Naomi is on the left, Alaska is on the right. Jim is pretty straight forward with what he's wearing. But the picture of Chris Pine is for hair reference. Long chapter, just a heads up. I apologize for any wedding details I get wrong, I haven't been to a wedding in years. I'm basing it off of Chandler and Monica's wedding in friends. The order that is. 1, 2, 3, 4 by the Plain White T's is in the media. Listen to it while reading if you wish.

If you see the name 'Kendall' anywhere, comment and let me know so I can change it. It's not meant to be there and her and Alaska are the same person.

Today was the wedding. Naomi, Jim, and Winona drove out to Naomi's families house. Their wedding was in the backyard. They picked up Bones on the way, he was Jim's best man after all.

Naomi's friend and Maid of Honor, Alaska, met them at the house. She instantly ushered Naomi upstairs to get in her dress and do hair and makeup. Alaska's made of honor dress was a sleeveless light red dress that was about knee length. Her hair was put up in a fancy bun, parts of it braided.

Natalie was already in the room, straightening Naomi's dress. Jim was in a room with Kayden, Bones, Nathan, and Noah. Noah was the other groomsmen, Nathan let him be involved. Joey and a few of Naomi's uncles and cousins were there as well. Christopher Pike was invited, he was technically the reason they met. He was the one that wanted Jim in StarFleet.

Becca and Winona were going to help Naomi get dressed, do hair, and makeup. Her cousins that were women would be helping later. Jessica, her old high school friend, would be another bridesmaid.

"You look wonderful and we haven't even done the hair or makeup." Winona complimented.

"Thank you." Naomi said, looking at herself in a full length mirror. Her hair was flowing down her shoulders and her back. The curls at the bottom bounced if she moved.

"Your hair is so gorgeous even though it's not up yet." Alaska pointed out, starting to pin it up. "Sit down and let us do the work."

Naomi sat down and let them do her hair. She watched in the mirror as they pinned her hair. Some of the pins hurt, but she got used to it. They did her makeup right after, making her look twice as good as she did before.

Her hair floated on her shoulders, more curly than it was before. A braided crown pulled on her head, but it looked great. Her makeup looked natural, there wasn't too much. Everyone else was ready and the wedding was going to start in ten minutes.

Butterflies were in Naomi's stomach as the time neared. Jim was already standing out at the end of the isle. The wedding was by the shore of the lake where they got engaged.

Music started playing. Naomi was standing at the edge of the house with her father. The guests were already seated. Bones and Alaska started walking down the isle. Bones kissed her cheek before standing beside Jim.

Alaska stood and waited. Other bridesmaids and groomsmen walked down the isle and soon it was Naomi.

She nervously walked down the isle, her father escorting her. Jim grinned ear to ear when he saw her.

"Naomi, I knew from the moment I met you, you were the one. Since I first saw you in the sickbay, to you walking down that isle. All the hardships we faced were over come by our love. My past wasn't the best. After all the random flings I had growing up, I never thought I'd actually find love. Someone I wanted to be with. Someone I love. Someone that loved me back. But I found that person. My one and only true love. The only one I've ever wanted. Proposing to you was the best thing I've ever done. Falling in love with you was the best thing I've ever done. You are the one and only person for me. I love you." Jim said, tearing up a little. Naomi was already crying.

Winona and Becca, along with a few other women, were crying. Joey was close to tears, Bones and Kayden grinning as wide as they possibly could.

"Jim, everyone told me dating you was a bad idea. They told me I'd get my heart broken. But I felt differently. I knew you were different than what your reputation stated. I'm glad I agreed to go on that date. If I didn't, I never would've known the one man I wanted to spend my life with. The one man I really loved with all my heart. You the best I could ask for, no one else tops you. You are my one and only. The love of my life. I love you." Naomi said, trying her best not to sob. Jim was crying now, not much, just a little.

The minister was grinning. The rings were brought up and put on their shaking fingers.

"Do you Naomi, take this man in sickness and in health. Till death do you part." The minister said.

"I do." Naomi said, still trying to contain tears.

"Do you Jim, take this women in sickness and in health. Till death do you part." The minister repeated.

"I do." Jim answered, smiling at her.

"I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride." The minister said.

Jim instantly pulled Naomi into a long kiss. Everyone clapped in the background, but they couldn't hear. They were too caught up in each other.

When they moved apart, they stood with their noses touching, gazing into each others eyes.

"I love you." Jim muttered, smiling.

"I love you." Naomi muttered, smiling back. They kissed again before he picked her up and carried her down the isle. Flower pedals were being thrown and everyone was smiling.

Naomi had never been one for attention, but this was different. She has Jim with her. And that's all she could ask for.