Playing Princess 1.14

Note: I don't like doing these notes at the beginning of chapters much so I promise this will be my last (hopefully).

This chapter and story in total needs to go under some heavy editing and I know it's rushed and I'm sorry >.< bear with me and hopefully you might have the patience to keep reading because I've wanted to write this chapter for so long and the whole writer's block was on how to get to this chapter. I promise it will be better in the future.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Princess Isabella Devereaux is here with us, in the small town of Ashberg, personally to express her condolences for the community that has suffered a violent bombing attack from an unknown terrorist organisation.”

The camera then cut to an image of me with words running at the bottom of the screen. I was smiling, waving at the little children that surrounded me. I was then shaking hands, visiting the injured in the hospital and even expression some tear-filled comments as I listened to some of the terrible first-hand accounts of the townspeople.

“It is just awful,” I said into the microphone, a solemn frown upon my face. My brown eyes were round, wide in disbelief. “That somebody would do something so awful to attack innocent people. Violence is never the answer and I am strongly against such tragedies like the ones that has just occurred here. It’s even sadder to have it happen in my country, with the people I’m going to govern one day.”

“Princess, if you are against violence then why is it that you attacked Shelby Saunders last night at the Annual Winter Fashion Show?”

I couldn’t help but laugh, seeing the silent cringe in my own eyes as I glanced into the camera on the screen. “False. I deny that I attacked Shelby at all. She was still harbouring a grudge against me from last year and I find that incredibly pitiful of her to use a measure of violence against me.”

The screen then flickered momentarily, revealing a fuzzy black-and-white clip. Immediately, I recognised myself in the slim-fitting black dress. I appeared to be arguing with the other woman inhabiting the bathroom and when I turned, that was when she’d attacked.

It froze before flickering out then back to the camera where I kept a neutral expression to the viewers.

“There was no more footage of that but we did manage to get our hands on what had caused it,” the news reporter explained. “I do believe an apology is necessary at hand but not from you, Princess.”

“She might not say it in public so instead, I’ll go ahead and forgive her,” I told the woman with a gracious smile. My brown eyes darted to the screen, a genuine smile tweaking my lips. “Miss Saunders, I believe you are a talented designer full of potential. Let last year’s mishaps be bygones.”

“I’m a genius!” I declared, grinning broadly. “A total and utter genius, don’t you agree?”

Allegra returned the smile, nodding slowly. “I suppose. You’re getting really good at this you know.”

“And don’t you forget it.” With a single press of a button, the large flat screen TV flickered off, turning blank. I turned to my maid with an easy-going attitude, my muscles relaxed. I would never grow tired of watching myself on TV, despite that it had been a while since that particular event. “So what’s next on the list?”

Immediately, the girl whipped out her tablet and started scrawling across the touch screen with her stylus. I waited patiently as Allegra continued making notes, muttering under her breath. Occasionally she would glance up at me and flash a smile, only to return back to the digital agenda for me.