Chapter 2

She gave a good kick to the vending machine.

Still she didn't get her candy bar.

"You little bastard." She glared at it.

Freddie giggled to himself seeing this sight.

The pretty girl from earlier kicking vending machines.

What a sight.

"Help you lovely?" He greeted.

Her eyes went wide as she slowly looked up at him.

"Oh, shocked to see me?" He laughed.

She smiled, nodding.

She stepped off to the side. "If you don't mind?"

He put a hand on top of the vending machine and gave it a good shake, causing her bar to finally fall from its holding.

"Hate these bloody things. They're always sticking."

"Yeah." She giggled. "Thank you, I need my chocolate fix."

"Are you here for the concert?" Freddie asked, leaning against the vending machine.

"Unfortunately, no. My house flooded, burst pipe. I'm just staying here until it's fixed." She told. "How about you?"

"Oh, I have to go! There wouldn't be a show without me."

He watched her face as she thought for a moment.

"Wait..."

"You're Freddie Mercury?"

"The one and only, my dear."

"I hardly recognized you!" She muttered, blushing.

"I cut my hair."

"I do like the Mustache."

Freddie was beaming.

" FREDDIIIE MEERCURRY~" They heard Roger calling/singing down the hall.

Freddie took her hand and kissed it.

"Until next time, my dear."

He turned and jogged his way down the hall and around the corner away from her.

Freddie Mercury?

How could she have not recognized that adorable overbiting smile?

Goodness, she should dye her hair blond, cause she surely should have been one.

Roger sat at the desk trying to order pizza, asking for what everyone wanted.

Various yelling came back in toppings.

Freddie fell back on one of the beds, picking up the package from the side table.

He looked at it for a long moment.

"Finally going to open the damn thing, eh?" John asked taking a smoke from Freddie's pack.

"I suppose I could." He laughed.

He ripped the number from the paper, then pulled the string and unwrapped it.

A book.

Romeo and Juliet

How tragic.

"Shakespeare?" John scoffed.

"And what's wrong with that?"

"Yeah John, a romantic comedy!" Brian joked as he stepped into the room.

"A tragic romantic comedy."

The phone began to ring soon as she stepped out of the shower.

She hurried to it, doing her best not to slip on the tile.

"Hello?"

"Hello! Is... Oh, I never did catch her name..." Freddie muttered on the other end.

Giggling she answered. "Alice Anderson. I'm guessing this is Mr. Mercury."

"Lovely name, and please dear, Mr. Mercury is so formal. Call me Freddie."

"Freddie." He could hear her smiling on the other end.

"Yes darling?"

"Sorry, I just like saying your name." She chuckled nervously.

And he liked hearing her say it.

"No, no! I like hearing you say it!" There was a pause. "I hope you don't mind, but I opened your package. Curiosity got the best of me."

"Perfectly fine, I would have done the same."

"I do like Shakespeare." He paused. "So who's your favorite character in this play?"

"Mercutio of course, and yours?"

"Romeo, the poor boy." He thought for a moment. "You wouldn't happen to like opera, would you?"

"Oh, yes! I love opera."

"Would you like to go to one with me? There is an opera house a few cities over."

"That would be fantastic, I would love to."

"Wonderful darling!" Alice could hear one of the guys yelling in the background. "I have to go. What's your room number."

"Room 224."

"Great! I'll see you around." She smiled as she heard one of the guys again. "Take care love."

"Take care Freddie."

There was a click and then nothing but dial tone.

She wonders if he was planning to pay her a visit later.