Chapter 8 - New Recruits

Clarke's POV

I wake up to the sudden urge of my stomach spinning.
Quickly running out of our tent i throw up. Yuck. Must have been the meat we had to eat. I now know i can't trust the boys to cook without giving us all food poisoning.
I return to the tent to see that Bellamy is awake.
"Are you okay? I thought you were going to make a run for it!"
I laugh at the comment. "Unfortunately not" I reply. "I just threw up. Must have been the meat from the other night"
Concern quickly mounts over Bellamy's face. "Why didn't you shout for me? I could of helped ! Pulled your hair back or something!"
" I don't know. Guess i must of assumed that you wouldn't be bothered "
Before i can hear his reply Monty bursts into our tent.
"I think Jasper has an infection! "
I rush out of the tent Still a bit I'll after throwing up. But in this situation my wellbeing is the last thing on my mind.
I usher monty to grab some of our water and meet me in the drop ship. When i arrive Jasper is in the same place i left him last night. I see him look up at me and wink. "it's always you who gets in the wars!"  The comment makes him at least break into a smile.
Jaspers wound has been unbandaged. Most likely by Monty, who i left in charge. When we first got  to the ground i made an effort to teach some of our population basic medical skills. Search for some new recruits. If anything was to happen to me someone needs to know what to do with an infection.
Monty returns with the water i asked for.
I ask Monty how to treat an infection and he gets to work. Giving him tips here and there he manages it well. I leave the drop ship with Jasper in capable hands.
I spot Octavia eating breakfast. I tell her what happened. Before i can finish my sentence she's off towards the drop ship.
I return to the tent to see Bellamy still asleep.
I strip off my clothes and slide under the covers. I rest my head on Bellamy's chest. Listening to the steady heart beat i slip back into a deep sleep.

I am really sorry and the late update.
However i have been writing ahead because when i was away i had a brainstorm. The new idea is completely different and not as much what the TV show follows. I wanted your view on what to do.

Do i take a risk and start publishing or should I continue with what the TV show is like ?