28. Red Velvet Doughnut

Start from the beginning

"Huh? Me?" I looked around, still with a weak case of knees and heart after the kiss. Francis winced when Brandon clapped his back a little too hard and I took this as my cue to intervene.

"Never mind," Brandon cut me off. He smirked and turned towards Francis who looked like he had seen a ghost.

"Brandon? I-I thought someone else--" Francis looked between the two of us, giving a dejected sigh. "When did you come to Singapore?"

"This morning." Brandon pulled me towards him and draped his over my shoulder. Francis opened his mouth to say something, but no words came out. We both had taken a few steps when Roger's intimidating figure blocked our way.

"Do you know him?" Brandon whispered in my ear and I nodded. He smiled. "Good, because I don't think I could have fought this one."

"Roger. Meet my new partner, Brandon," I introduced the both of them and Brandon flashed a smile towards him. I saw Roger's smile falter, a new and all too familiar gleam lighting in his eyes.

This was so not happening.

Their handshake lasted a lot more than I was comfortable with, and Brandon had to pry his hand away from Roger's hand. He flashed him another short smile, steering me away from Roger. We walked ahead, and I peeked a glance back. Sure enough, Roger was blatantly staring at Brandon's butt.

Looked like I had a new competitor, however twisted that was. Good for me that Brandon didn't notice nothing off.

"Are you ready for your first round Mr. Brandon?" I nudged him, washing my hands at the basin. We were back in the giant hall of the hotel, the crew definitely traumatized after the grand failure of the last round.

"Oh, I am so ready for more," he whispered, and for a second I was confused with what we were talking about.

"Uh-huh." I turned away, taking a deep breath away from those green eyes. One thing was sure, with him here I was bound to be on my toes.

"Instructions are clear. Don't interfere when I am cooking. Don't even dare touching me," I warned, narrowing my eyes at him. He acted innocent, shrugging his shoulders. I gave him another look but then let it go. There were others ways to make him suffer if he did that.

"What am I supposed to do? Look at your pretty face?" He laughed at his joke, but I nodded, finding the idea pretty good.

"You can do that." I suppressed my smirk at his raised eyebrows. Then added, "Fine, you can do the decorating. I have heard you have a good hand at that."

"Yes!" He moved his fists up like he had won lottery and put on the apron. He even hummed. Did he really think I would keep him standing there the whole time?

"Wash your hands well," I added, and he did that with no complains.

"Attention contestants!" The director boomed from behind the head camera and we all fell silent. "We are starting the shoot. Best of luck for the competition. Get ready. Action!"

The camera circled us, I saw Brandon raise his hand to wave at it, but I quickly slapped it down. He whimpered but then kept it in at my serious look. I just hoped that this round did not turn into a babysitting session.

The boring talk and introductions continued for a while, and I did well to look interested and smiley for the camera. I gave an internal sigh when they finally moved on to the important part.

"Today you'll be divided into two teams, white team and black team. The task is easy; make two dessert imposters each," Tony paused for effect. When he saw all of us were starving for more information, he continued. "Dessert imposters looks like savory dishes but are sweet."