Chapter 5

The next morning I woke up in Mike's arms and when I realized that I just smiled. He looked so cute and peaceful sleeping. I played with his hair a bit and then I tried to get out of bed without waking him. Success. I went to take a shower and expecting him to still be asleep I went out of the bathroom just with a towel around my hips. Well, I was wrong. Mike was wide awake and staring.

"Turn around let me get dressed" I told him.

"Nuh uh" he said sounding like a little kid.

I knew I couldn't make him turn around no matter how hard I tried so I turned my back to him and quickly got my boxers on and then shorts and a t-shirt.

"Did you sit in a pile of sugar? Because damn, you've got a pretty sweet ass."

"You smooth motherfucker I didn't expect cheesy pickup lines from you Mike."

"Always expect the unexpected."

"Getting philosophical are we?" I joked. We both laughed.

"So what are we doing today?" I asked.

"I've got a pretty good idea.." he said and he didn't have to continue because I knew what he was trying to say as soon as he got closer to me and kissed me. Soon that turned into a full on make out session. And boy, did I like it.

I pulled away.

"Mike, I'm really sorry I can't do this. Look, I like you, I really do but I just can't do this. I can't let myself get too close and I can't get into a relationship. I'm sorry."

"Okay. I respect your decisions. But can you please explain why?"

"I'm scared Mike. Scared. All of my previous relationships ended really badly and fucked me over and broke me. After my last breakup I ended up in hospital after attempting suicide. I felt like life wasn't worth living anymore, I felt worthless and I realized I would never be good enough for anyone."

"You're right. You're never gonna be good enough for anyone. You're gonna be perfect for someone and you're perfect to me. I really like you turtle."

"Awwww. That's so sweet Mike."

I leaned in and kissed him. I didn't want to get close but I couldn't help it.

"Turtle, will you be mine?" He asked. And I had nothing to think about because I knew this is what I wanted.

"Yes. Yes I will, Mike."

He kissed me. I kissed him back. After a few minutes we were full on making out.

Until, someone knocked on the door. We stopped immediately.

"Come in" I said bluntly.

And in came both of our mothers. We were still standing close to each other.

"Uh.." my mom said, "are we inetrrupting anything?"

"Um yeah kinda" I said.

"We just wanted to ask if you two would come to town with everyone a bit later."

"Yeah okay sure" Mike said.

"Be ready in 2 hours" his mom said.

"Okay" we both said and they left the room.

"Okay so what do we do for the next 2 hours?" I asked Mike.

"Do you want to go to the pool again? It's pretty hot."

"It's not as hot as you but yes I do."

We both quickly got into our swimming shorts and left the room. We held hands the whole way and it was really cute. Thankfully, we didn't run into our parents or Vic and Kellin because I still wasn't sure if they were going to find out anytime soon.