The Eternal Ones :o4: ET

Was I wrong for coming here?

I mean, Emmit seemed nice but something about him seemed really strange.

"Are you okay?" I asked, seeing that he wasn't even blinking.

"What's your blood type?" he asked.

"Excuse me?" I asked, not registering what he just said.

"I mean, your type...in guys..." he said, not sure of himself.

"I don't think I really have a type." I said.

"Do I seem like your type?" he blurted out.

"Umm, I don't know." I said, "I don't know you very well."

I noticed the expression on his face. It was a mix of disappointment, want and fear. Emmit stepped closer to me and he had a rose in his hands. He traced the side of my face with the rose.

The petals felt so soft and it's mysterious aroma filled my lungs. What kind of roses were they? He lifted the rose to his lips and kissed it.

I just looked at him. Part of me was saying that he was a complete wierdo but the other part told me tha tI was meant to stay with him.

He stepped closer to me and out of habit, I took a step back. I tripped on something and fell back but he caught me right before I hit the ground.

"Fast reflexes." I said.

He pulled me up and held me in a tight embrace. I felt his strong arms wrap around me.

I barely knew this guy and yet, I instantly felt a connection.

"Emmit." I said.

He stroked my hair and rubbed my cheek. He moved his fingers to my mouth and he traced my lips. I gasped a little as he held my face in his hands. He gently kissed my forehead, then kissed my cheek. He moved closer and I could feel his breath on my lips. His ice cold touch made me shiver. Then, he slowly pressed his lips against mine. I was surprised but willing to kiss back. I placed my hands on his chest as he rested his hands on my back. He was so passionate but there was more feeling trapped behind the kiss. It seemed as if he was holding back.

He pulled away, turning his head as if he were hurt.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

He stared at me, pain his eyes. Then suddenly, they started glowing.

"What's going on?" I asked.

I was shocked but surprisingly, I didn't feel too scared.

"I'm not allowed to tell you." he said.

"Then don't." I said.

"But I feel like I have to. I need to." he said.

"Okay then, do." I said.

"Hayden, I'm not what you think I am." he said.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

He took in a deep breath, "Promise that you won't run and that you won't tell anyone."

I just nodded.

"In my territory, I'm known as an eternal one." he said.

"Wait, so you're---" I trailed off, realizing it all. I took in all of the facts.

The coldness of his skin, the fast reflexes, the eyes, the mystery and darkness behind his calm exterior.

"Emmit, you're...you're a vampire." I said, almost whispering the last part.

"Exactly." he said.

He opened his mouth and for the first time, he exposed his fangs. I just stared. Was he going to bite me? Did he just want to feed off of my blood? Was I just prey to the creature within him?

"Are you going to bite me?" I asked.

"No, don't worry." he said.

"What do you want from me?" I asked.

"Remember that note? That was attached to the rose?" he said, "That says it all."

"What?" I asked.

"I have to go." he said and headed towards the cave entrance.

"Emmit, wait!" I called out, running after him but he was already gone.

I headed towards the water and got ready to cross the pond again.

Demitri's P.O.V

I watched as Hayden crossed the pond. I couldn't stay with her any longer. After that kiss, I didn't know how much longer I could control myself. She's the one they've been looking for and that's exactly why I have to protect her. I understand why they want her though. She tasted so good, so pure. She was just so innocent but when I told her about myself, she didn't run. Hayden is truly the one.

Back to Hayden's P.O.V

It was early morning when I got home. And to my surprise, I was not the only one awake.

"Where have you been?" Aiden asked, turning the lights on.

Oh crap.