14. Devil in a New Dress

Start from the beginning

I smack him lightly on the arm," hey I can only call her the town wackjob."

"Well, we have to do something, because we've completely ignored her for the past two weeks," Allison instead says. She has a point, I've only talked to Lydia a handful of times and even today it's been rather weird.

"She's completely ignored Stiles the past ten years," Scott points out.

" I prefer to think of it as me not having been on her radar yet."

"We don't owe her a party," Scott states, I roll my eyes and chug down some more of my delicious drink to stop from saying anything to her.

"What about the chance to get back to normal?" Allison softly says.

"Normal?" Scott says in an unconvinced tone.

"She wouldn't be the town whackjob if it wasn't for us fucking shit up and if it weren't for me not keeping her safe," I remind him, glaring.

"I guess I could use my co-captain status to get the lacrosse team here," Scott finally gives up, giving me a halfhearted smile and picking at his phone.

"Yeah, I also know some people who can get this thing going. Like, really going," Stiles says excited.

"Who?" Allison asks.

"I met them the other night. Let's just say they know how to party," he answers with a devilish smirk.

"And by party he means electro dance the night away with me," I laugh, already knowing who he was dialing.

----

30 minutes later, 2 cups of Lydia's punch, followed by one amazing dance off with the people from the club I've had an alright night so far. Stiles was completely right, the drag queens did know how to really party.

The trio of us, excluding Allison who has gone to take a call, sit by the pool watching everyone have a good time as Lydia hands out more drinks. The smile on her lips gives me so much comfort, I'm happy my best friend is enjoying her birthday. I would have strapped myself to a rocket and set it off if it meant seeing her smile on her birthday

I look over and analyze Scott's face, with a sullen expression and finally spit it out,
"Are you gonna apologize to Allison or what?"

"Why should I apologize?" He questions me.

"Because you're the guy. It's, like, what we do," Stiles tells him.

"But I didn't do anything wrong," he counters

I snort at his response, "Then you should definitely apologize. See, any time a guy thinks he hasn't done anything wrong, it means he's definitely fucked up. Like majorly fucked up."

"I'm not apologizing," Stubborn Scott says.

"Is that the full moon talking, buddy?" Stiles asks.

"Probably. Why do you guys care, anyway?" He says rather aggressively.

"Because, Scott, something's gotta go right here. I mean, we're getting our asses royally kicked, if you haven't noticed. People are dying. I got my dad fired. You're gonna be held back in school. I'm in love with a nutjob. Imelda over here has every crazy murderer after her, not to mention she's in love with a psycho. And if on top of all that, I gotta watch you lose Allison, I'm gonna stab myself in the face." Stiles rants out. I raise an eyebrow, laughing at the end because he really means it all.