14. Devil in a New Dress

"For Lydia," Allison murmured quietly. Both of us staring ahead at the giant house where the party would be.

I felt her hand connect with mine, a slight tug meaning we were going to do this together.

"Yeah cause if it was anyone else I would have sang fuck no and spent my night watching ghost adventures. Which by the way there's a new episode tonight and if Charlie doesn't record it someone's getting shot," I mumbled.

She looked over at me during my rambling, raising a brow.

"Sorry," I say," when I get nervous rambling usually ensues. Derek usually just places his hand over my mouth when I do it."

She laughs softly before both of us start walking forward," alright let's do this."

We didn't even get the chance to knock on the door, our party host had opened it for us with a bright smile and tray full of drinks.

"Happy birthday Lydia!" Allison says softly compared to me.

"Happy birthday Queen Lydia!" I yell out, throwing myself at her.

"We saw each other earlier," she says with a laugh," remember? You gave me my present and also stuffed my face in cake."

I shrug my shoulders," I've told you it's tradition in my family and you're family."

I had been here earlier trying to help out, unfortunately she had ushered me out saying there was no need for help. I had only gotten the chance to give her the wrapped present I had bought. It was a thick, gold necklace with diamonds and emeralds weaved through the rope. She had loved it just like I thought she would have.

Lydia giggles softly but pulls away and carefully holds the tray," okay well I have drinks!"

"I need a drink," Allison murmurs.

"Here you go," Lydia says and hands her a glass cup filled to the brim with a pink drinks.

I lick my lips in anticipation of mine," what am I getting?"

A glass cup with clear liquid and green leaves is pressed towards me as Lydia says," and for you a mint Mojito."

"Yummy," I say and instantly start drinking from the cup.

She smirks, watching me chug it down halfway until she states," don't drink it all. I only made you one, but there's more punch."

I nod," alright then! We are just gonna go outside."

She nods," have fun! Remember to drink punch!"

Allison and I nod, leaving her to attend the rest of her party as we walk out towards the loud music.

"Uhh... Imelda do you see what I'm seeing?" Allison's asks almost like a whisper.

"You mean the lack of people?" I answer," cause in that case yes."

She nods," I tried to warn her."

I sigh," yup so did I. She just hit me with the 'everyone comes to my birthday.' I didn't have the heart to say otherwise."

"Well there's one thing I'm certain of," she mumbles," Jacksons not here."

"Thank god," I say and catch sight of the boys walking in," come on let's go tell them."

"Uh, Jackson's not here," Allison says as we walk up to the boys.

"Yeah, no one's here," Stiles observes.

"Maybe it's just early," Scott says optimistically.

"Or maybe nobody's coming because Lydia's turned into the town whackjob," Stiles tries to say.