Chapter 1

Ashfur slid out of his starry den and gazed up into the moonlight. He glanced down at his chest and gave it a few licks. He gazed at the bright scar on his neck which has failed to heal. He sighed and padded along into the clearing to see Bluestars starry body standing next to Mosskit. He padded up to her and nodded,"will we need a hunting patrol today?" Bluestar

blinked and suppressed a laugh. "Still are an eager warrior I see," she laughed. Hollyleaf rose from her nest and padded out next to Ashfur. "I'll go hunt with you." She meowed happily. Ever since the incident Ashfur has forgiven Hollyleaf. They decided to treck out together. Ashfur noticed a squirrel in the white glowing forest and caught it easily with the swipe of a paw. "Nice hunting skills," Hollyleaf purred. Ashfur nodded and grinned. Hollyleafs ears flicked instantly. Her head turned as a giant raven rose from another starry bush. She leaped and caught it with her claws. Blood poured as she happily ate up. "You don't have to eat remember," Ashfur blinked. "We're already dead." Hollyleaf looked up from her meal and her eyes grew wide. "Another cat is here," she meowed curiously. She turned around to see Mapleshade, barely even a sliver of light. Her pelt was almost completely see through. Ashfur gasped as she strode through starclan. "Mangepelt dark forest rubbish!" Hollyleaf howled. Suddenly Bluestar broke through the reeds. "Mapleshade." Bluestar meowed. Mapleshade dipped her head. "Tonight is my last night... Can... Can I say goodbye to my kits..." She meowed cautiously. Everyone looked left and right. "I'll bring them," Bluestar whispered. "Will we fade away too one day..."Hollyleaf whispered. "When it's our time," Bluestar chuckled. Ashfur sickened at the thought. "I'll be back ill betcha that much," Mapleshade hissed. "Back?" Ashfur questioned. Mapleshade got a devious grin on her face and turned to Bluestar. "Now?" She blinked. "Of course," Bluestar meowed. They walked away in the white forest. Ashfur turned to Hollyleaf. "Can I explore starclan a little more," Hollyleaf meowed. "Of course," Ashfur smiled warmly. They wandered around starclan until a sick stench hit their nose. "Smells like twoleg place," Ashfur hissed. He gazed around. This must be where the cats who didn't believe in starclan nor the dark forest ended up. He gazed around and spotted movement. "Be careful, this place will be crawling with spirits." Ashfur hissed. Suddenly a familiar scent wafted into his nose. He couldn't quite distinguish it at first, but it was definitely familiar. "Hello... Ashpaw."