"Well what do you expect me to do?! You made me quit my job," I pouted.

He sighed knowing he couldn't argue that point since he really did insist that I stay home because he didn't want me to hassle myself or the baby. But I knew this was all apart of his elaborate plan to turn me into some kind of wimpy housewife kinda person, but what he didn't know was that I intended to be the most thug mamma jamma New York had ever seen.

"Okay, enough of this," he said as he switched off the TV.

"Heeeeeeeeeey!!! I was watching that!" Naia whined although her eyes were so puffy it was likely she couldn't even see.

"No you weren't," Damian said which earned him an ineffective, puffy eyed glare, "Let's do something else," he said, trying to distract her.

"Yeah like what?" Naia asked in a challenging tone, I looked at him expectantly waiting to see what he'd suggest.

He gulped slightly and gave her a confident smile as a cover up while he fumbled to give an answer that would please us, "How about a board game?" He asked quickly when the idea popped into his head. He probably thought this was going to be a nice soothing game that would keep us quiet and subdued.

Naia and I looked at each other in silent communication before throwing our hands in the air and yelling at the same time.

"MONOPOLY!!!!!!!!!!!"

Damian

Half an hour into the game, after a lot of screaming and accusations of cheating they were both indebted to me and declaring bankruptcy.

"You are so cheating!" Naia yelled at me for the umpteenth time.

"Xanaia you know very well that I'm not cheating, so stop stalling and pay me my rent," I said smugly.

"I don't have any money!" She whined, I raised an eyebrow at her indicating she had to make a settlement of some kind.

"Okay, how about the exclusive right to name my first born child?" She bartered.

"Uhhhhh not gonna happen you already gave me that right as well as free reign to plan your wedding," Lia said defending her ownership of those two particular life events.

Naia groaned and looked at Lia pleadingly. Lia held her gaze for a few seconds before giving in with a lot of grumbling. I smiled, thinking Lia had just given up her baby naming rights. Instead I was taken by surprise as my delectable wife suddenly straddled me and started kissing me passionately. I was too deep into the situation to notice Naia quietly gathering her things. She didn't break the kiss until we heard Naia yelling her goodbyes and making a fast exit. It was then I realized I had been tricked and cheated out of my payment. That couldn't go unpunished and the devious woman on my lap knew that as well.

"I'll give you a head start," I said calmly, Lia wasted no time and quickly scurried out of my lap and to our bedroom.

She was sleeping with a very pleased look on her face, while I absently stroked the smooth skin of her stomach. I smiled lightly when I felt our baby moved under my hand.

I had spent the last four months trying to get Zandre Alexander to agree to a meeting but I hadn't been successful. I suppose this was one time when my family ties were working to my disadvantage. I was about to close my eyes to sleep when I heard the distinct ringing of my cell phone.

What the hell? I wondered, who would really be brave enough to call me at this hour when I was home with my wife.

I contemplated not answering but then Lia started to stir around in her unconscious state and I knew it was the ringing that was disturbing her. I sighed, extricated myself from her arms and reached for the phone, quite puzzled and actually worried when I saw that it was Naia calling.

"Hello?" I answered.

"D-Damian, I'm in trouble," she whispered, "can you come get me, please?" She asked, the absence told of her usual cheerful rudeness made the decision for me.

"Where are you?" I asked as I got up and quickly slipped into my discarded clothes.

She told me the address and I hung up, grabbing my keys I turned back to give Lia a light kiss on the forehead. My movements woke her and she peered up at me sleepily.

"Where are you going?" She asked, concerned.

"Naia just called, she's in trouble and needs a ride," I saw her eyes widen a fraction at my words.

"Did she sound like she got shot?" She asked suddenly panicked.

"No-"

"Okay, good bring her back here so I can interrogate her tomorrow, bye," with that she turned over and went back to sleep immediately.

I'll never understand their friendship, I thought shaking my head as I went to rescue Xanaia from whatever situation she'd gotten herself into.

I could tell something was off the minute Naia got into the car, she mumbled her thanks and buckled herself in, then turned to gaze out the window. I looked up at the up-state apartment building she'd been waiting outside of wondering what kind of trouble she could have found in there. I shrugged, figuring it hardly mattered since Lia fully intended to get answers out of her in the morning so I would know soon enough.