"So you and Julian are good now?" Joanna decided to divert the conversation. And she smiled at Hank whose features lighten up instantly. He quickly tried to hide his joy.

Joanna rolled up her eyes. "Don't worry. I won't hate you for it."

Hank's eyes shone at her statement and she chuckled. "I’m happy for you." She said as she lay back again on the stiff mattress. She was happy for him. "He doesn't deserve your friendship though." She said softly and heard Hank laugh.

"What?" she said, lifting her head to look at him.

"Nothing!" he raised his eyebrows and chuckled.

"You better spit it out Morales or I'll come snap your head off." Joanna threatened, narrowing her eyes deadly at him. He looked as if he actually believed her.

He stepped closer to her and sat next to her on the bed. "All this time," he began, "I thought I didn't deserve his friendship, that I did a horrible thing to him. But when you came along, I realized that he also did bad things, and even though I don't resent him for all that he did because of all the things he had to go through, I finally feel my conscious is clear. See?" he said nodding his head toward the wall next to his bed, the wall that had so many tiny lines aligned neatly next to each other.

"It'd been quiet a time since I drew a line here." He said grinning in joy, she almost wanted to hug him, but that would make her look so gay. So she only smiled up at him.

"I’m really happy for you, Hank." She said.

Suddenly, a buzz came and the bars opened. Men started flooding out of their cells and toward the food gate for breakfast.

"Hi, Joan!" Isaac suddenly appeared in their door, grinning foolishly. She liked Isaac. He was a good guy, unlike the devil of a friend he had

"Hi, Isaac." She said and his grin widened. "You look better today." He told her and she frowned at him when her pain shot again. "Yeah, somehow." She said.

"Hank, you coming?" Isaac turned his attention to the skinny guy next to her.

"Yeah." Hank said before he looked at her. "You want me to wait for you?" He asked.

"No, it's alright. I still need to wear my suit. You go first." She said.

When they both went first, she stood up slowly and pulled her suit from the top bed. She smelled the suit before she ducked her head under her arm and sniffed, wrinkling her nose at the awful smell. She stunk and that made her brighten somehow at the idea of the cleaning showers today. At least she'd be able to get all the sweat and blood out.

She pulled up the pants of her suit, leaving the upper part and sleeves hanging behind her waist as she moved closer to the small mirror that hung on top of the small sink.

She slowly raised her shirt up to look at the area that hurt her the most. Her abdomen area.

She gasped at the site of it. It was heavily bruised with bluish and greenish spots. She touched it lightly and winced at the pain it caused.

"Is it that bad?" the voice she wished would vanish from her mind spoke behind her. She lowered her shirt immediately and turned around quickly just to gasp when Julian was few inches away form her.

"Let me see!" he said.

"No fucking way." she exclaimed as she started pulling her sleeves up her arms.

"Hmmmmm." Julian said, a wicked smile spreading across his so handsome and so close face. "You'll have to listen to me now that you are my lackey." He whispered the last bit as he bent his body just to get even more close to her that she had to take a step back and bumped by the sink behind her and groaned in pain.