"Mom, do you have any idea what happened?" I heard Garrett ask after a few moments.  I could barely hear him over my cries.

"I have no idea."  My mom's voice shook with each word.  "She called telling me to pick her up and hasn't said a word since."

Garrett pulled me away from him, holding me out at arm's length.  The tears continued to stream down my cheeks as I caught the worried glances of all my family members.  My mom's eyes were wide, her mouth slack.  My dad had his arms crossed awkwardly over his chest, like he wanted to unlatch them and throw them around me.  He wanted to comfort me so bad.  But he didn't know how.

I shook my head, covering my face with my hands.  I couldn't talk.  Not now.  Not when I felt like I was drowning.

"Brianne, please," Garrett whispered.  "Tell us what happened."

"D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D—"

"Deep breaths," Garrett soothed, pulling me close to him and rubbing my back comfortingly.  "Deep breaths, Bri."

I couldn't breathe deep.  My breaths were coming out swiftly as I tried to contain the tears that were spilling.  But my emotions were everywhere.  There was no way to contain this.  No way at all.

"Maybe we should call Dannon or something," my mom mumbled, sounding completely lost.  "Isn't he the one who was able to comfort her when she found out he has cancer?"

I cried harder as I realized that I would never be able to have a conversation with Dannon the phone again.  Our playful banters, our plan making.  Those were all only memories now.  "T-t-t-t-t-t-that w-w-w-w-w-won't do a-a-a-anything."

"Why not?" Garrett whispered.

"Dannon's in a coma!"

The words finally escaped my lips without a single stutter in my voice.  I screamed out the next sob, clinging to Garrett so tight that it hurt.  He hugged me back just as tightly, bringing a hand through my hair.  I squeezed my eyes shut, wishing that this was just some sick, twisted dream and that I was going to wake up and Dannon was going to reassure me that everything was fine.

"Brianne, I'm so sorry," my mom breathed shakily after a long while.

I shook my head, detaching myself from my brother and standing up.  "I need to be alone right now," I muttered thickly.  "So, please, just leave me alone."

I hurried upstairs, my footsteps pounding on the floor.  I threw open the door and stepped inside.  I paced back and forth, sniffling loudly.  I was devastated.  I was heartbroken.  I was terrified.

I was pissed.

I threw my arms in the air, glowering at the ceiling.  "God!" I hollered.  "How could You do something like this to someone so—so good?  He deserves everything in the world and all You did was take it away!"

I collapsed onto my bed, sobbing.  "He doesn't deserve this!" I screeched.  "He doesn't deserve this!"

I cried for a long time.  I wasn't actually sure how long, because before I knew it, I was opening my eyes and it was morning.  The light pierced my eyes.  I groaned, grabbing my pillow and throwing it over my head.  What time was it, anyway?  What day was it?  Was I supposed to be at school right now?  Wait, no.  It was Saturday, right?  Or maybe it was Sunday.

I had no freaking idea.

With a groan, I heaved myself out of bed and dragged myself downstairs.  My head ached, my throat felt parched, and my nose was as stuffed as hell.  Did I get a random head cold when I fell asleep or something?