Chapter 20

Addison POV:

"Zach, move! You're taking all the space!" Gray grumbles, shifting around to find a good position to sit.

"There's enough space for everyone here. Stop complaining!" Zach snaps

"No, I can barely breath since you're leaning on me."

"I'm not! And where do you think you are? In your bed where you can comfortably lay or something?" Zach responds

"I'm just-"

"Boys stop!" Claire and I burst out in unison, sick of their stupid dispute.

They both shut up, giving us surprising looks and leaving a calm and silent atmosphere.

"This sound better to my ears." I murmur

"What?" Zach asks

"When you two stop arguing."

"More like when this child stops talking." Zach mentions, referring to Gray.

"At least what comes out from my mouth isn't dumb, unlike you." his brother shoots back

Here we go, they're starting again.

"Oh shut up dude. There's a point in life when you have to grow up!" Zach glares at him

"Well, clearly you didn't. You're still a five years old kid in your head." Gray retorts

As Zach was about to reply, the ground thunders like a earthquake, advertising us that something huge is approaching. Of course, the Indominus Rex. What else could it be?

Followed by loud bangs, the truck begins shaking, causing me to accidentally fall on Zach's torso.

"You can stay here, I don't mind." he smirks

Oh my god. This boy still manages to say things like that even when there's a killer machine that has the intention to engulf us.

I roll my eyes, picking myself up and try to keep my balance over the violent agitation. Along with that, I hear the noisy sound of scratching against the truck which is creating small holes. Through one of them, I perceive the immense and horrific eyes of the Indominus Rex appears. Terrified, I let out a shriek and recoil, huddling close to Zach.

"What the hell is happening?" I blurt out, the panic seizing me.

"We need to get out of here now." Claire declares

Claire crawls out towards the back doors, struggling to unlock them because of the intense shaking. The doors finally opened, I see Owen standing on the side and shooting the Indominus Rex with his gun. Not wasting a minute, we quickly debark from the vehicle and all run as the carnivore roars and chases us.

Traversing the Main Street, the tail of the monster slams a enormous statue, crashing it into pieces. Zach jumps and pushes me on the ground to avoid any fragments that are flying in the air. Landing next to a kiosk that sells Jurassic World's products, I rapidly hop right it, along with the others.

While hiding in our spot, Owen continues firing bullets at the creature that is now being attacked by raptors. Quietly watching the scene with anxiety, I wonder how two Velociraptors are going to save us and kill a colossal dinosaur.

"24." Gray mumbles "We need more." he adds

"More what?" Claire inquiries, out of breath.

"Teeth. We need more teeth." he answers as she regards him with confusion.

Her eyes soon widen up like if an amazing idea crossed her mind. She rushes to open the first aid kit placed on the corner of the wall, grabbing a flare and a talkie walkie.

"Okay, so just wait here. It's gonna be fine." she affirms, turning back to us. We simply nod as she leaps out outside and races towards an empty path.

"How can she runs in those damn heels?" Zach questions, surprised by how she never slipped while wearing those pumps throughout the whole day.

"This is girly stuff that you will never understand." I say, lightly tapping his shoulder.

"I don't want to understand neither. Girls are too complicated." he mutters

"No, actually boys are too stupid to understand us." I furrow up a eyebrow

"Well, I'm an exception since I'm smart." he boasts

"You mean you're an total idiot who's really arrogant. Do you want me to go on with the list or?" I smile sarcastically

"It doesn't matter, you still love me." he smirks as I playfully hit his arm.

"This is so cool!" Gray exclaims showing us a colorful t-shirt with the Jurassic World's logo designed on it.

"This too." Zach grins devilishly, gripping into a stuffed dinosaur and throwing it at me.

"You wanna play that game? Alright." I sneer, grasping a plush and tossing it in his face. That "game" soon transforms into a battle.

Who thought I would have a plush fight with a really hot boy while a dangerous creature is strolling around?

"You guys are so childish. Can y'all be serious for a minute? It's really not the good timing to do this." Gray speaks

"Can you-"

"Shhh!" a voice whispers, interrupting Zach.

I look up and see Owen, his finger on his lips signaling us to shut up.

A shadow suddenly arises, covering our faces with darkness and blocking the light to seep inside. Accompanied with groaning sound, the immense jaw of the Indominus Rex looms up as Owen slowly spins his head. In a quick motion, the monster knocks the kiosk, making all the shelf collapse on us.

Owen extends his arms around us as the beast smashes once more the boutique, shattering the wooden walls of the stand. With all of us screaming, the Indominus Rex digs her head into the aperture she made and deepens it. We swiftly back up rearwards as her strong and short hand penetrates in the shop.

One of her sharp claw slides near our feet and catches Gray's belt bag. Pushing it with ardor, the dinosaur tries to bring Gray towards her while Zach, Owen and I hold into him. With difficulty, Zach undoes the tying from Gray's strap as the Indominus Rex finally releases from the fanny pack.
We then promptly flee to a random restaurant, out of sight from the enraged hybrid. Entering into Margaritaville, we position ourselves under a table.

"Yay fries! I'm starving." I exhale, noticing the plate of french fries on the table and taking it.

The boys all frown and gaze at me weirdly but end up laughing.

"What's funny? When you're hungry, you must eat. No matter what the situation." I admit

"I totally agree. Food anytime, even if there's a angry dinosaur hunting you." Zach chuckles, devouring the fries with Gray.

I giggle and tend the plate to Owen, proposing him to grab some fried potatoes. He shakes his head, staring at me like I'm crazy and few seconds later, he grabs a hand full of fries.

-
Hello! Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Let me know what you think in the comment section. But can we talk about the gif I put lmao I just think it's funny and it goes well with the end. By the way, thanks for 2K and almost 100 votes. That's insane. I really appreciate it :) Anyways, thanks for reading!

-Yousra