Chapter 12

Addison POV:

Pulling away from each other, Owen and Claire scan around the place. As their eyes fall upon us, they hastily walk towards our direction but before they even can reach us, a Pteranodon comes across their way and nearly snatches us.

Zach takes Gray and I's hands, making us jump and land against a wall. Whilst we back away as far as possible, the creature slides on the ground and stops in front of us, its beak inch away from our faces.

"Wow. You've got good reflexes Zach. I didn't see that coming, again." I breath heavily, overwhelmed by what just happened.

"He just wants to impress you." Gray murmurs.

"Shut up dude. I-I'm protecting her, that's it." Zach retorts nervously. 

"Why? Because you like her right?"

"Um, well, uh..." he stutters, not knowing what to say.

He kissed me yesterday so he maybe he does have feelings for me? Or he's just playing around? Do I like him? Yes. Wait, no. I really don't know. Why am I even thinking about that?

My thoughts disappear as I hear someone yelling my name. Bearing a worried expression on her face, Claire marches towards us with Owen by her side. 

"I've told you to stay in the car! Are you guys okay?" she questions.

"It wasn't safe in there. We got attacked so-" Zach pauses as Claire's phone rings.

She answers the call whereas Owen leads us into an empty area reserved for the park's employees.

"Lowery, I'm on my way back to you," "What do you mean use the raptors?" Claire speaks loudly to her phone.

"Son of a bitch." Owen curses as he hears Claire's conversation. I wonder what was that for.

"You shouldn't say bitch." Gray tells him.

"You just said the word." I giggle at Gray as he covers his mouth with his hands, realizing his mistake.

"Take the kids. Get em' some safe place." Owen declares, turning his head towards the huge gate that's vigorously shaking behind us. 

We all race to Owen's car and quickly hop in as the doors open widely, distraught tourists flooding the alley. The hallway soon fills up with a sea of people screaming and running away from the flying dinosaur above them.

Trying not to hit anyone, Owen carefully drives and parks the vehicle in a small corner, waiting till it's safe to use the Jeep. 

"Can we stay with you?" Gray asks.

"I'm never leaving you as long as you live." Claire reassures him.

"No, no, him." Gray points out to Owen, placing his hand on his shoulder.

"Yeah, definitely him." Gray mutters as Owen and Claire awkwardly stare at each other.

Exchanging a look with Zach, we both try to hold back our laughter.

"So where are we going?" I demand as Owen starts off the automobile once everyone evacuated the place.

"Save my animals." Owen responds.

"Can you give a little more details?"

"I'm a raptor trainer. And that guy Hoskins has the crazy idea of letting out my raptors from their cages."

"Raptor trainer? That's so cool! But what does he wants to do with them?" I inquiry.

"Lowery, a worker from the control room said that Hoskins settled a plan to use them against the Indominus Rex." Claire explains.