Chapter 3: Past Comes Knocking

Author's Note: Sorry guys, my net is so crappy these days. I'll start posting more frequently hopefully. .. If you have  any suggestion of a song for this chapter, please let me know. And please don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT! 

_____________________________________________________________________________

PAST COMES KNOCKING

All these years, I tried to forget it. Put it behind me and start anew. To an extent, I succeeded. Nevertheless, it turned out to be useless now that I was forced to face it again.

I, Emilia Anne Hale, was a progeny of vampire slayers. Ancestrally, I was part American and part Persian. More than a century back, my ancestors left Persia and settled in New York. They thought they could start over and leave the 'family business' behind. But they realized that no matter where they went, the slayership followed. Almost all my ancestors had died fighting off vampires or aiding other hunters in killing different supernatural creatures. My parents too, died the same way, when I was only thirteen years old. A year later, I befriended an enemy, a royal vampire, in my ignorance. He ripped me off my innocence and I nearly died, but only after I had killed him.

His name?

Felix Alexander.

Therefore, you understand, why I feared his brother—whose existence was unraveled to me just a while ago.

I gave a dry laugh. "What are you talking about? Are you crazy?"

"Crazy? No. Deadly? Yes. So you better tell me all you know about Felix."

"Felix? Know what?"

"Lying, again?" he asked, his eyes growing darker and angrier. "You're Emily Hale, only slayer in New York City at the moment that is excluding your cousin, George." I stayed silent, so Luke continued. "You see, your parents and my parents died quite a bloody death. As far as I know, you've been acquainted with all the supernatural hunting stuff and you had a fine reason to kill my brother."

"And that would be...?" I asked, looking at him as if he was talking nonsense; he was not the only one who can fake expressions.

"Revenge."

"I didn't kill him."

"Really?" he asked darkly.

"Yes, really! I've never even seen this Felix, let alone kill him!"

"Do you truly think I would buy your "I-didn't-kill-him" crap?"

I am counting on it.

"You have no evidence I did it."

Luke smiled bitterly. "You don't have any alibi you didn't."

"I'm sorry but you'll have to speak to my attorney," I said.

And slammed the door right in his face.

Felix Alexander has a brother? Since when? Why had no one ever told me about this? A fair warning would have been nice!

It was like Harry Potter finding out three years after the war that Lord Voldemort had an older brother. A very pissed older brother. That would mean more books for us but Harry would be screwed as I was.

It's like, one moment you are thinking and smiling about your wonderful life and then BAM, there is a vampire—a royal freaking vampire—standing outside your door reproving you of killing his brother. Well, that's life. It takes a smooth turn and then crashes straight into a bulldozer.