I am Rudely Awakened

"Well, I don't know how you did it, but here's two dollars." Said Ryan, fishing money from his pocket.

Genny smiled before handing me a dollar. I loved it when she smiled.

It had taken all afternoon, but we convinced Mr. Wales too hold an audience with Angela and she confessed. Our names remaining safe, until we were more famous. It was late now and I felt about ready to turn in. Genny had voted to walk with me back to our dorms since they were so close.

"So how was your first day at Gifted?" She asked, twirling with her hair in a way that made my heart spin.

"Great, probably one of the most exciting days of my life." I admitted, concentrating on keeping the blush from my cheeks from the way she was staring at me.

She reached out and stroked the silky edge of my left wings. I didn't flinch this time. Instead I rolled my shoulders and stretched it out next to her.

"It's okay, I don't mind." I smiled.

She grinned and ran her hand down the length of my silky white wing. "It's so soft."

I blushed, not even sure why.

"Have you ever flown?" She asked.

"Yeah."

"What's it like?"

I reached back to the last time I had flown for fun. It had been a long time ago, before I got myself into this mess.

"Amazing, you have the whole world stretched out below you like a canvass. It feels like they sky just keeps going on and on forever. You could lost up there." I sighed, almost feeling the air rush past my face again.

"It sounds amazing," she agreed, then stopped.

She leaned over and kissed me on the cheek, her eyes flashing a sharp teal in my surprise before fading into a dark pink.

"You sure know how to show a girl a good time," she laughed, then opened the door to her room.

"Goodnight Will."

"Good night." I squeaked, blushing. Did she just kiss me?

I twisted the doorknob, while the heat flooded to my cheeks. I almost tripped and was surprised to find Justin laying on his stomach in the middle of the floor. Reading a book.

"So how was your first day? Genny seems to like you." He asked off handedly.

"You really think so?" I questioned curiously.

He looked up and quickly noted my expression. A grin broke out on his face. "You like her!"

I blushed deep enough to make a tomato jealous. "What? I don't know what you're talking about."

"Yes you do, yes you do!" He sang, while my blush deepened. "I'll keep singing till you admit it!"

"Will and Genny, sitting in a tree-"

"Alright!" I threw my hands in the air. "She's just my friend."

He grinned madly. "I knew it! You're in love! Did her eyes turn pink for you?"

"What?"

"Have you planned your wedding yet? Are you going on a honeymoon?"

"Oh be quiet!" I snapped playfully.

"I can practically see cupids flying around you."

"I swear if you don't put a sock in it-"

"My friend Will, struck by the arrows of love."