Chapter 15

L and Sage woke up to a warm March morning. After 5 minutes, they realized that they were each naked.

"Gya!" Sage screamed. She hurried to the dense foliage with her dress.

L called after her, "Why are you so embarrassed! We already saw each other naked!"

"I didn't focus on it! And I don't want you focusing on me!" She rushed out of the forest with her dress on; and leaves in her hair. L had already dressed up.

"Here," he brushed away some of the leaves in her mane. She reddened and turned away.

"Come on! You should be more open, not more closed! We saw each other naked, big deal!" He ranted.

Sage grabbed his hand and stormed to the Wammy House, "We can't tell anyone about this, what will people think!"

"Who cares what they think! It's not like we did it in fron-" Sage covered his open mouth with her hand.

"Please, do this for me 'kay." She sighed and continued until they reached the front door. She inhaled deeply, and pushed it open.

Watari, in one of his rare excursions on the couch, greeted them polity, "I see the lovebirds spent all of the night out. I hope it was worthy of your expectations Miss Sage."

Sage blushed and murmured, "It was, thank you Watari." L's eyes gave Watari an apologetic look and moved with Sage to their rooms.

Watari smiled knowingly, and as he put down the paper he called to a person in the next room, "I believe, Near, that we shall be hearing from Miss Sage and L very soon."

A boy with unnaturally looking white hair, in his pajamas, came up to him and as he twirled his finger in his locks agreed, "I inferred that after Scarlett confessed to him."

Watari smiled, "I have made an excellent choice for his successor."

...

Three days later, Sage burst in on L brushing his teeth.

She fell onto her knees and wailed, "I'm pregnant!"

L stared wide eyed at her, spit into the sink, and shook her shoulders, "Come back to Earth! Are you sure?"

"No! I barfed this morning because I wanted to!"

Oh my god, he pondered in his head, I'm going to be a father; and I'm only 15 years old!

"Ok, calm down," L said to Sage, "We need to talk to Watari."

"No!" Sage started to cry, "We can't tell him. He will be critical of us, he will-" L kissed her forcefully and pulled back.

"Watari is an understanding person, he will know what to do and how to do it, ok?"

"Ok." she agreed quietly.