Three

A/N: Hey guys! Sorry this has taken so long to get out but I've been having these majorly bad, brain splattering headaches for the last few weeks and using my iPad has killed my head. So, sorry for that.

WARNING: Violent content (some āss-kicking in this chapter!)

Without further ado - the new chapter!

{Mikael POV}

I followed Tomb Raider out of the diner into the parking lot. My fists clenched and unclenched of their own accord, and I could feel the muscle in my jaw twitching. He turned to look at me and cracked his neck before shaking his arms out.

"Come on then, boy. Let's see what the legendary club dagger Hunter is made of, huh?"

I didn't like him.

"Unless you're afraid to go toe-to-toe with a brother when he knows you're coming rather than jumping him from behind like a coward."

Scratch that. I really didn't like him.

"And all in defence of the little princess's honour. But all the knight in shining armour BS you pulled for her, still didn't get you between her legs, now did it, Hunter?"

I was going to crush his skull under my boot and smile when his brains coated the tarmac.

He had downgraded Mia, my Mia, to no better than a whōre exchanging protection for sēx, and mocked the title I had earned through blood for my club.

My head tilted and I got that weightless, faraway feeling that I got whenever I slipped into my dagger mode. I was a weapon, honed by the club to produce maximum damage with minimum effort. I was only beginning before I was arrested, but I was still good enough for my reputation to precede me: Hunter, dagger of Dragonchain. After spending six years in prison, I'd learned a thing or two, plus bulked up a hell of a lot - not much to do in prison besides eat, sleep and work out.

Raider was beckoning me forward with his fingers now, yelling obscenities at me, but I couldn't hear him. I stepped forward as if in a trance; weightless, graceful, predatory. He was too busy goading me to notice the change in my demeanour. By the time he did notice, it was too late and I was upon him.

I punched him hard in the jaw and heard a crack, then followed up with a shot to his ribs. He huffed out a breath of air and doubled over. Before he had time to correct his mistake I shot my knee straight up into his nose, snapping his head back and hearing another loud crack. He took a blind swing and I caught it and twisted his arm until his shoulder dislocated and then I broke his arm. I dropped him and he landed in a crumpled, groaning heap on the asphalt. I raised my boot to stomp in his head, but was pulled back by Bullshark and Fridge.

They stayed between me and Raider while I paced back and forth, never taking my eyes off his prone form. He was still groaning, and I wasn't even breathing hard. Sam's hand landed on my shoulder and I flinched before relaxing and ending my pacing.

"You've gotten faster, Hunter. I didn't think it was possible, but there you go." I tossed him a grimacing smile over my shoulder. He patted it and then barked for Raider to be put in the van and for the rest of us to mount up.

______________________________________________________

"I've been waiting for you to ask."

I tilted my head to the side to look at Sam. We'd stopped for the night at crāppy motel a few hours ago, but I hadn't been able to sleep. The bed was too comfortable and the windows didn't have bars. Until Sam spoke, I had assumed I was the only one awake.