Two

A/N: Hey! So, I'm back! I've noticed I say "so" a lot, I'm going to try to stop.

My cliffhanger was a bit evil last chapter, but here is the reveal and a little more info on Mikael.

{Mikael POV}

"You've grown well son. It looks like the hole suited you."

Son.

Thank fūck.

I got to live to see another day.

I felt my lips twitch up at the side in a half smile and nodded at him.

"Yeah, guess it did Boss."

He stopped and watched me for a second. He reached out and grabbed me into a hug, slapping my back.

"Enough with the Boss shīt, you're family! Call me Sam, told you a hundred times before!"

I swallowed, and looked at him.

"Are we? Family, I mean?"

Sam's shoulders sagged and a dark shadow crossed his face. His dark brown eyes looking black under the weight of his unknown emotions.

"We know why you did what you did, Mikael. I'm sorry. We should have listened, trusted you. But you gotta understand, I rode with the man for twenty years... He was my brother, and you... You were my son. I see that now, I was wrong to judge so harshly. But that whole Shan business... I didn't know if I should- could trust you. I see now that I could. You defended my little girl against a man twice your size, with one of the highest ranks in the club. And you trusted me to at least listen to you, let you explain. And I let you down, and for that I am sorry. He woke up six months after you went in, and burst into tears, blubbering, trying to explain himself.... Even he thought I had listened to you. But by then it was too late - you were locked up, and had waived all visitation. We had to wait, and pray nothing happened to you. We would be so happy to be your family again, if you'll let us. And we'll do it right this time, listen to you, help you, support you - anything you need. Whaddya say?"

I watched him carefully. He seemed to be sincere. And they were my family, the only real family I had ever known. Sam wasn't a man who ever made the same mistake twice. He would listen to me and trust me, even if I didn't deserve it.

I stopped for a moment to look back on my time in prison. The time I did for the club, the wounds I had. I had earned their trust, and my family. For the first time, I felt like I could face them on even footing. Sam wasn't God anymore. He'd fūcked up. I wasn't going to punish him for it or hold it against him, but I wouldn't forget that. Even the greatest men make mistakes.

I realised Sam was still waiting for an answer. I smiled slightly and nodded my head at him.

"I'd like that."

______________________________________________________

After some slaps on the back, we headed off to the row of motorbikes standing next to the loading van. The club always brought it with them when travelling long distances in case a bike broke down. I was expecting to jump in the passenger side, but Sam called out to me to wait and I did, confused.

I heard the rattle of the shutter door being pushed up and some grunting as something was wheeled out. I rounded the van and stopped in shock at what I saw.

My bike. My baby.

I thought I'd never see her again.

I circled her quickly, running my hands along the surface.

"We thought you might like the freedom after being caged for so long."

I looked up at Sam, and gave him my first grin since I entered the prison six years ago.