5: Responsibility

Start from the beginning

"Are you looking for me kitten?" He rasped, trying as hard as he could to keep his anger in check. When it came to Chelsea it was back and forth, back and forth, banter upon sarcasm, that's how they communicated. But right now all he could think about was shaking some damn sense into her.

Her shoulders relaxed under his arm but only a little. "Clearly, I didn't hit you hard enough."

"And a very prominent part of me is glad you didn't. You should be happy to hear I'm still a little bruised though. Now, do you mind telling me what the hell was running through that thick head of yours?"

"Running was exactly what was going through my head." Her mouth curved into a devious smile. "But to be honest, I kind of already knew you were going to catch up."

Christian gritted his teeth and her smile only widened. He quickly studied her face before looking around the throngs of moving people. Anybody could be lurking and he had to stay alert. "The kick could have been avoided then. We need to go, it isn't safe here. Where's Kate and Callum?"

"I'm not sure I've been looking for them since I got here."

When she moved from beneath his arm his eyes zeroed in on two males one more familiar than the other. Dante. And he sported a wonderful black eye. Dante glanced to another corner of the market where two other men, both suspiciously trying to make eye contact with another two males on the other quadrant of the market. They were all manning an entrance. This wasn't good.

He grasped her hand. "Stop, no. They're here. We have to go right now."

Christian could see the flicker of reservation in her eyes but she masked it very well. "What, where?"

"Everywhere." As quickly as he could, he pulled her with him keeping his eyes on every wary man and woman he could pin-point. "We're making our way out of Cairo - now."

She tried yanking her hand away attempting to halt their steps but he clutched onto it as tight as he could without hurting her. "The only thing I said to Kate on the phone was if we didn't make it just go without us. Does she even know where we're going?"

"Not really but she'll have a vision I guarantee it. We'll catch up to them. Don't say out loud where we're headed. We don't know if there are vampire's around."

All he could think now was that it was definitely going to be a while before they caught up to Kate and Cal. Both parties will be on the move constantly and without having a witch to their advantage, the only thing he and Chelsea could do was lay as low as possible and hope that whoever was chasing them weren't smart enough to trace their phones.

But as soon as they broke from the crowd onto the streets and spotted Feisal hanging around a mere few feet away from them, he knew they probably were tracing their calls. What the hell did the Steinsson's want from him this badly?

Christian was lucky he made a sharp right without him noticing them. He was lucky she didn't say a word when he shoved her into the first cab they could find. And even more so when he saw Feisal walk in the complete opposite direction the cab was going.

"Where?" The driver demanded gruffly..

"Travel east to Ismailia." He said lowering himself in the seat as far as his legs would allow. "Keep your head low until we're out of the city. And turn off your phone."

She did as he asked and he turned off his own phone just as she did. The atmosphere between them was thick and heavy with tension as the car slowly but surely made its way out of Cairo. She was as silent as a mouse even after they were clear out of the city and driving at eighty miles per hour on a straight and narrow road. At this speed, Christian still kept his wits about him and checked the mirrors to see if anyone was following. There were only tourist buses and cars trailing behind and passing.