Chapter 11

It was nothing fancy. Just casual; it was something they could both enjoy without increasing the tension that Adia still made sure remained.

They both had plenty of Peace Tea, as Andy had promised. They were sitting in the grass behind Ronnie's Music, staring at the horizon.

It was interesting over there. On the other side of the building was a maze of traffic and businesses, and people swarmed the sidewalks to get from one destination to another. But behind it all, it was empty. The grass was green and widespread, and trees thickened until they burst into a strong forest.

And the sun. It watched over everything like a guardian angel.

Both of them sat in silence, only listening to the people shouting and the cars passing behind them. But then Andy spoke up.

"Since we're starting over, why don't we introduce ourselves?"

Adia looked over at him, her eyebrows scrunched. "Umm...okay..."

"I'll go first. I'm Andy, and I work here--" He stuck out his thumb at the building behind him. "--at the music store."

"I'm Adia...and I like Netflix." Andy smiled. It was a beautiful smile, bright and sweet. Adia tried not to blush in both embarrassment at her answer and the attractiveness of his smile. She felt the heat flush to her cheeks as they turned pink. Well.

"I play guitar," Andy said.

"I play piano."

"I like to sing," they both said at the same time. Adia's blush darkened. She turned her head away, closing her eyes tightly.

A smirk stood on Andy's face. "But you already knew that." He thought for a moment. "I recently got into makeup. But I don't wear it much yet." Adia looked back at him, eyebrows raised. "Yeah." He chuckled.

"I like guns." They burst into laughter.

Andy said amusingly, "Was that a threat?"

"What? No!" She buried her head into her hands, laughing harder.

They sat there for hours, exchanging other interests and funny stories as the sun dipped below the horizon.