Chapter 8

Sara reached into the microwave for her bowl of macaroni.  Giggling excitedly, she poured in the powdered cheese and stirred the mixture together, watching the powder turn to liquid cheese.  Once her macaroni had officially become macaroni and cheese, she shoved a forkful into her mouth, then spit it back out with a shout of exclamation.

Sara reached for her cup of water.  Of course.  The food was way too hot.  It tricked her every time.  Every.  Single.  Time. 

So, instead of eating her macaroni and cheese immediately, she slumped into her seat at the dinner table and crossed her arms, watching the steam dance from her bowl of hot heaven. 

A few minutes later, she helped herself to the finally-edible-temperature yellow goodness and let out a distressed squeal when the last noodles were nowhere to be seen.  They were gone.

"It took me longer to prepare this than eat it."  She slammed her fist onto the table angrily.  "Stupid food."

Suddenly she found herself reaching into the cabinet to prepare another bowl.

-

Adia shoved ranch potatoes and pasta salad into her mouth faster than someone could say "pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis," which wasn't hard.  The only person who could pronounce that word was Sara.

She wiped her mouth, thinking.  What should I do today?  Supernatural?  Vampire Diaries?  Once Upon a Time?  Or should I go back to sleep?  Or play piano?  Or video games?  Or actually do something productive?  Like clean my room?  Wash the dishes?  Go outside and get some fresh air?

The answer was obvious.

Supernatural.

If she had picked anything else, her friends would have to take her to the hospital.

-

Andy sat up, pushing his hair out of his eyes.  He looked at the time on his alarm clock.  12:57 p.m.  Shit.

He checked his phone next.  He had 14 text messages from Cece.  He groaned.  He had invited his friends over for lunch at 1 o'clock to have pizza and work on band stuff.  He was going to order pizza at 12:30 so it would have plenty of time to get there. 

Andy opened the text messages. 

12:18 p.m.  Don't forget pizza!  U asked me to remind u so...

12:20 p.m.  U were also supposed to reply after u got that text.

12:22 p.m.  Either u are taking a really long shit and forgot your phone or u are sleeping in again.

12:41 p.m.  Nobody shits that long.  Unless ur my mother.

12:41 p.m.  Andy

12:41 p.m.  Andy

12:41 p.m.  Andy get ur ass up

12:42 p.m.  Andy get up and order pizza now

12:42 p.m.  Andy

12:42 p.m.  Andy

12:42 p.m.  Get up man

12:45 p.m.  Fine I'm coming anyway

12:45 p.m.  We will probably end up eating sum kind of frozen shit from ur freezer but idc anymore

12:50 p.m.  Driving now k

Andy called Domino's and ordered three pizzas.  All were pepperoni. 

Eh, they'll just eat late.  But they will not eat some kind of frozen shit from his freezer.