fifteen

It never became official that Chase and I were together; but we just... were. And I couldn't be happier. Over the past few weeks we kissed and cuddled and talked about more random topics but whatever we talked about – it always made me smile.

We were both sat on the hill now, Chase lying down flat and me resting my head on his stomach, facing the sky so I could still see the stars. I hastily realised how much dull life was without Chase. And I never wanted to let go of that- that spark that he created in my life.

Chase was my forever.

"Penny for your thoughts?" I break the silence, lifting my hand to Chase's cheek. I caress his cheek with my thumb.

"I, uh – I was thinking about my past."

"Really? That's all? That's like... tearing the last page out of a book or telling half the secret."

Chase chuckles. "Okay; well... I had a girlfriend. She really was my past. Her name was Ellie and I thought I was in love with her. Actually – I was in love with her. But then she told me that the two years that we had were fake and that she just used me for my money." Chase pauses and lets out a deep sigh, puffs of cold air visibly floating through the air into nothingness.

"It was Ellie who opened my eyes... She made me so disbelieving in love. Then you, miss troublemaker, came along."

I let out a small smile. "I'm really sorry about Ellie, Chase. I hope I suffice – because it sounds like you really liked this girl."

"You more than suffice, Leila. You are kind and beautiful and you are more than Ellie could have ever been. Ellie, obviously – was living a lie. You are my present and my future – and not my past, not Ellie; can change how I feel about you." Chase spills, finishing his vent.

"I love you Chase." "You too, Leila." I scoff. "Well – for the record; I definitely owe you more than a penny..." Chase joins in with my laughter and that was the moment I knew that Chase really was so special to me. I couldn't bear if I had to lose him – if I had to go back to before. Chase's and my past is the past - and the present is perfect.