eleven

Chase didn't show again tonight. Sadly, I only realised this once I had (with great difficulty) gotten to the top of the hill with the foot I sprained that day, I think. My tiny body was pushed and shoved in the underground station during hatred rush hour and I ended up having to get stitches on my head as I gashed it on the edge of a table selling some charity bands, and I also got crutches for my sprained ankle.

Maybe Chase was my good luck; and now he's gone – my luck is no more in my life. Like I have said before, Chase is the best thing that has happened to me for... forever. He was my good luck charm, I guess.

"I wish you listened, Chase." I mumbled to the stars. "I don't love you any more or less now. Well, maybe a little less because you disappeared like Houdini on me – but I forgive you. I'll always forgive you."

I bet he'd be laughing his head off if he was here right now, listening to all the jumbo I was letting out. In fact, he'd tell me talking to yourself is just yet another useless thing. And, quite frankly, the first sign of madness.

Was I going mad over Chase? They actually put me in a mental hospital when I was eleven for a psyche evaluation; turns out I wasn't mental. Still, I guess I got a period of relaxation and tapioca ice cream for dessert every evening.

The care home thought that it was because it was just four months after they took me to my mum's grave for the first time since the funeral. I suppose it phased me for a bit; but not anything to call me insane for.

Just a typical seventeen year old... I wish. I stare at the black 5SOS hoodie I always wore, my spindly black legging clad legs and and my white high-top Converse and sigh. Maybe it's a good thing I'm different than the others. Maybe that's what the world needs most.

What I need is Chase. I miss him and it's only been a day since I've seen him last; probably for the last time. Even if Chase goes, I'll still come here. Correction. Even though Chase has gone. The words stung.

�ϞW��s