Two: Joy After Pain

Psalm 30:4-5, 11-12 KJV

[4] Sing unto the Lord , O ye saints of his, and give thanks at the remembrance of his holiness.
[5] For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.
[11] Thou hast turned for me my mourning into dancing: thou hast put off my sackcloth, and girded me with gladness;
[12] To the end that my glory may sing praise to thee, and not be silent. O Lord my God, I will give thanks unto thee for ever.

While life certainly shows us the most beautiful of things and experiences at times, it just as certainly knows how to rattle our very cores.

Hope is a powerful thing. It gives us the energy, however little it may seem, to keep on keeping on. It shouts at us in the midst of chaos and whispers in the silence.... this too shall pass.

In today's portion of scripture we are reminded, joy cometh in the morning! We can allow this truth to motivate us in any dire situation. Simply because it is just that... truth.
At the same time it gives us reason to rejoice. If not for your current situation, then for the truth that God Almighty has taken a painful or sorrowful situation and, in His awesome and miraculous way, turned it to one with cause for rejoicing.

Sing! Praise His Holy name! Even though it may appear His anger is directed towards you, we are reminded, it is only for a moment. But His favour! O to God be all Glory! His favour lasts a lifetime.

Whatever sad or painful situation you may be facing right now, make time to praise the Lord your God. He has turned your situation around. No matter how dark it may seem. Jesus is the Light and He is right there with you.

God does this so that you know you have reason to sing His praise. Do not be silent, beloved of God, let us join with Psalmist David in declaring... I will give You thanks forever.

Prayer Thought: O Lord my God, You have indeed turned my mourning into dancing. Thank You. You deserve all praise and Glory for You are great. Help me dear Lord, to give thanks to You at all times, regardless of the situation I may be facing. You are the reason I know joy.