PART 1

I was in class, taking notes with my black ink pen. I wrote everything Mr. West told us to write. I was the goodie-to- shoes. Always got good grades, always wrote everything I was supposed to write down, because that was just me. Then there are people in our school like Carter Kavinsky, the school bad boy. I know that sounds like the typical teenage way to label a guy, but he was seriously the school bad boy. He had the worst attitude and he always got bad grades.

I was taken out of my daze to hear Mr. West say, "and Libby you'll be paring up for the project with Carter. I need you to come up with a scene from a Shakespeare novel." I nod and glare over to him smirking.

You've got to be kidding me. Out of all the people in my English LIT class I had to be paired up with him.

I have known Carter Kavinsky for basically my whole life. He has been my neighbor for as long as I can remember and we used to be best friends. Until he ditched me for his friend Josh. We still talk every now and then but we aren't as close as we used to be.

"Now class, this will be due two weeks from now, with that time period I expect you all to have a perfect presentation. Have a good weekend." The bell rang and I packed up my book bag.

As I was about to sling the strap on my shoulder I felt a presence behind me. I turn to see Carter. "What?" I ask in an angry tone. "Geez, why so mad?" He asks sarcastically, walking me out the door. I didn't say anything back to him.

"So what are you thinking about doing for this dumb project?" He asks rudely.

I stop in my tracks and turn to look at him. I cross my arms and cock an eyebrow at him.
"And just what makes you think I'm doing this project by myself?" I ask. He stared at me for a while and finally says. "Just assumed." He smirked and kept walking. I got quite upset by that comment but I didn't let it get to me because it was coming from Carter after all.

"I don't get it Anderson. You're a good looking girl, why aren't you going out there searching for Mr. Right?" Carter abruptly says. "That would be kind of silly considering we're only Juniors in high school," I say putting my textbooks into my locker.

He didn't say anything he just stared at me. I slammed my locker shut and started walking to the parking lot door. "Why are you following me, Carter?" I ask sassily. "I'm not my car is parked right next to yours." He said pointing to his black BMW. I drove a charcoal grey, Dodge Dart.

I smile, a little embarrassed and unlock my car. "So you have my number right?" I ask him from across my car. "Yeah, why?" He asks. "Because I need to text you about the project and stuff. See you later." I say opening my door and hopping in the car. I put the key in the ignition and roll down the windows. "Hey, Anderson! Don't forget to text me." Carter says winking, before driving off. I roll my eyes and begin to play, Pad Thai by Jack Stauber.

* * *

I came home to an empty house, perusal. My mom is working late and my dad is on a business trip. I text Ellie once I got home. Ellie is my best friend, since the 7th grade she has stuck by my side. I threw my phone on the couch and made myself a sandwich.

I kicked off my shoes and sprawled out on my bed. I took a bite of my sandwich and thought about what novel to do for English LIT.

Hey, is Romeo and Juliet okay with you because that's the only one that I think will work the best. I hit send on my text to Carter and lock my phone. 

Seconds later I get a text from Carter: 
Yeah that's good with me, are we gonna hang at your place and practice or something? 

I reply with, yeah but it will have to be Sunday because I'm busy tomorrow. 

I wasn't really busy tomorrow.

***************
Hey guys so I'm Savana and this is my first time really writing a story and I put a lot of thought into this story and I just hope you guys enjoy it and uhhhh yeah! Thanks for reading (: