Heartbreak

They next day I was really dreading dance practice. What would I say to Noah? Would things be different after our kiss? Why did he kiss me if he likes Abi? What will our relationship go if I can't tell him I like him? Will Abi draw the line and make an evil scheme to take down our duet? A million thoughts raced through my head. But eventually I gathered up the courage to go.

When I got to the studio, Noah was there, practicing.

"Hey" he said.

"Hey" I said. Was that really all he had to say after what happened yesterday?

"Uh- I have something to tell you..."

I raised an eyebrow and crossed my arms, "Yes?" I said.

"After our kiss yesterday..."

I stiffened up again. I was hoping he wasn't going to bring that up.

"I-I don't know what I was doing... but... it felt right. Richelle, uh... I like you. I really like you.

Did he just say he liked me? He really likes me? I just wanted to run to him and hug him and kiss him and wrap my arms around him. But I knew I could do that. Abi would make sure our duet never happens, and would probably split us up forever if I did that.

"Noah..." I said. "I really like you too. I said. I choking back tears, "but we can't... we can't be together."

"But why not? Noah protested. If we both like each other, why can't we be together? He asked taking my hands.

I quickly pulled away. "There's just something.... something that you can't know about."

I turned and ran out of the room, tears streaming down my face. I loved him. Why couldn't I be with him? Why couldn't I be happy? I can't do this anymore. I thought. I can't do this duet... and if I can't be with Noah, I can't be here.