The Kiss

So Noah and I went to the music room. Once we were there, he grabbed my arm. I turned to him quickly.

"What?" I said.

"Is everything ok? Like, between us?"

"Yeah everything's fine!" Everything's great!"

"Really?" He asked "Cause you haven't been acting like it lately."

"Noah, it's fine." I said. "And I don't want to talk about it anyway." I snapped.

Noah seemed hurt. We started the choreography in silence. It was awful. Neither of us knew what to do. We just didn't have the chemistry anymore.

"Noah..." I said after a while, breathless. "I-I don't think this duet is going to work."

"What do you mean? This duet has to work! It's our only chance to get a duet at regionals!"

"We just don't have the chemistry anymore. We don't work together as well as we used to. We're not in J-troupe anymore."

Noah looked side to side. He looked nervous, yet concentrated. I gave him a confused look. Then, out of nowhere, he pulled me in, and kissed me. My heart raced. I counted the seconds. 1...2...3... Oh, how could something wrong feel so right? Finally, he pulled away. I was blushing like crazy. I was speechless. I just stood their staring at him, probably looking like an idiot. He grinned at me then ran out of the room.

I sat down, trying to register what had just happened. Then all of the sudden, Abi stormed out from behind the door. She looked furious. I backed up. She stood above me.

"I saw that little kiss of yours." She hissed

I was shocked. How did she see it?

"Abi-" I said, still surprised. "I didn't even know you liked Noah!"

"Oh, don't act so clueless! She snapped. "I was a coming in here in the first place to talk to him! Of course I like Noah!"

"Then why haven't you asked him out?"

"Because I'm too nerv- you know what? It none of your business anyway!" She said

"Abi I swear it wasn't me! Noah pulled me in. I was resisting my feelings for him because of you! I thought you where my friend. I didn't want to hurt you." I said pitifully.

"Well that didn't work out so well did it?" She asked.

I looked down at my feet. Too embarrassed, shocked, and hurt to say anything.

"Look, she said, "you better stay away from Noah or else I can promise you you'll never be performing that duet at regionals."

She furiously walked out of the room. Oh, I thought to myself, what have I done?