Auditions

"Beep, beep, beep" I groggily checked my alarm clock. It was 8:00, time to wake up and get ready for dance. Today we have auditions for A-troupe for the new season, and I'm determined to get in. So I get up, wash my face and pick out my nicest dance outfit. Then I run downstairs, say hi to my parents, grab some coffee, and head out the door.

I am one of the first people to get to the studio, like usual. And I see Noah practicing his routine for auditions. I quietly sit down and start watching him. He is an amazing dancer. One of the strongest I've ever seen. I wonder if he thinks the same about me.

When he finishes his routine, he comes to sit down next to me, panting and chugging water. My heart races. What will I say to him? What will he say to me?

"Hey Richelle"

"Hey Noah" I replied, trying to hide the anxiousness in my voice.

"You're routine looked great. I know you'll make it into A-troupe again."

"Thanks" he replied "I know you'll make it this year."

Then, all of the sudden Abi walks in. Noah got all nervous and anxious, like he always does around Abi.

"H-hey Abi" Noah said

"Hey Noah" Abi replied

"I'm so nervous for auditions. I really hope I get in this year."

"I'm sure you will." Noah said "You're the best dancer I've ever seen."

Now that really hurt. Noah used to say things like that to me. He used to get nervous around me. Why can't it be like that anymore? Why did Abi have to take him away from me?

"Well I better start stretching." I said. I quickly got up and went into studio B.