11-Alice's Vision and Castle Donovan

Start from the beginning

‘i’ll take a shower first then we’d leave for castle donovan alright?’ i whispered as i gave her a kiss and walked towards the bathoom but before i could open it i looked back at her and sighed ‘dont leave the room ok? And scream if anything happens...’

She smiled and nodded, she was now reading the book carlisle gave her ‘i’ll be right here...and i’ll take the time to find out who the donovans are...’

I nodded satisfied with her answer and went inside the shower for we have a long day ahead of us. i prayed that somehow alice can read my thoughts and help us in getting there.

**Winter’s Pov**

I walked towards the window with the open book in my hand, it was funny how i can read the text when its all written in ancient irish and with all handwritten. The pages were  torn, yellowed from age and moth eaten but it was still in good condition and the text were readable but to someone who doesnt know she can read ancient irish and gaelic and being able to read it flawlessly took an enormous amount of effort to not collapse on the floor and hyperventilate.

The Donovans were indeed descendants of Merlin and Cassandra and gave the family the power to heal, predict the future, cast spells and more. They were healers by trade, doctors, herbalist but none were practicioners of the dark arts or black magic. The family has lived in ireland ever since, in a castle away from the human eye to continue to live in peace, undisturbed by anyone. Legend has it that one donovan daughter fell in love with a man who mistook her for an evil witch when she saved his daughter’s life, he left the next day without a word, leaving her brokenhearted and she was about to take her life by jumping off a cliff when a mysterious hooded figure stopped her, she begged him to let her end her life but instead of doing that he bit her...yes whoever he is, he turned her into a vampire and together they started a killing spree around mullingar and nearby towns. It was like that for a decade or so when one brave donovan girl, a healer stepped and sacrificed her life in place of the hundreds her ancestor and her mate killed...and once they drank her blood they were burned instantly. The Donovans sacrificed one of their own to stop the curse that spread through out the county.

I sighed as i closed the book and rubbed my tired eyes...am i suppose to believe this story? It was more like an old wives tale that are used to scare young children at night so they would be sleeping early...so the blood that runs thru my veins is poison for the vampires? Would that mean i get to kill and kick the volturri’s ass? But i hope i wouldnt hurt anyone from my family.

‘a healer and a poison? How’s that for being a pretty irish?’ i whispered as sat back on the bed and touched the wolf pendant, it always brings me a sense of clarity and peace whenever i get all weird and cranky. It was also my connection to jake which i forgot momentarily for the shower stopped running and his wet face popped out from the door squinting at me from the shampoo bubbles on his eyes.

‘you alright babe? No monsters?’ he asked as he looked around the room and once he was satisfied he grinned and blew me a kiss ‘alright no monsters, i’ll finish showering now.’

I giggled and continued reading the book hoping to find more clues about my ancestors and why would the volturri want me...i certainly didnt want to live in an old weird castle somewhere in italy and have myself subjected to whatever those weirdos need and i certainly wouldnt want to put up with alec’s constant leering and jane’s constant bitching...damn those two freaks. As i continued reading the book a drawing of how the castle looks like was found on the next page. It was just like the painting back in my grandparents house in florida, it hang proudly in the living room wall and i’ve admired it as a child but i didnt hear any stories about it, my grandmother would just smile at me whenever i ask her about the castle...and now i will soon see it with my own eyes and i wonder what my grandmother will say about it.