25- Waiting for You

a/n:

I would like to apologize for the long absence, and I wont give excuses for it but I am back and I would like to say thank you to everyone who's reading my story. Thank You!

Jake’s Pov

‘you have to wake up love, our lovely daughter is here. We’re waiting for you to wake up.’ I whispered at Winters’ sleeping figure. She was sleeping on the bed though she didn’t look that pale but still waiting for her to wake up was getting to me. Not having her talk to me, hold me or even argue with me was starting to get to my nerves, wanting her to wake up so she can see our daughter and I can tell her how much she means to me and how I will try to be a better husband and try to be the perfect father for our little angel.

I sighed as I touched her sleeping face hoping against all hope that she would wake up and come back to me…to us, her waiting family. I walked towards Deirdre’s crib and smiled as she moved to touch my finger. This precious bundle of miracle is Winter’s and mine…our own miracle. A gift to seal our love, true that we still have a lot to learn as parents but knowing that our family and friends would be there with us along the way things didn’t seem so hard anymore. I carried Deirdre in my arms and walked outside as I turned to close the door I looked back at my sleeping wife and whispered a prayer to the heavens for them to tell her to come back.

‘is everything alright Jake?’ Jasper asked me the minute I stepped into the living room where the Cullens were all gathered with the exception of Carlisle and Esme who went to feed after helping Winter and Bella give birth.

I shook my head and sighed again ‘I couldn’t reach her, I tried talking to her again but still no response…did Carlisle say anything? Shouldn’t she be awake now? Its been hours already…’ I said as I placed Deirdre inside her crib which was beside a sleeping Renesmee.

Alice walked up to me and touched Deirdre’s face ‘she looks so much like you and Winter, Jake…we’re sure she’ll wake up soon.’

‘I am only hoping for the best Alice…so she can see how beautiful our daughter is. Where’s Edward?’

‘he’s checking on Bella, Emmett is with him. This waiting game is killing us that’s for sure.’ Rosalie answered as she placed baby blankets on both cribs ‘we’re aunts and uncles now…I cant believe this is happening’

‘oh the babies have arrived…’ Emmett’s booming voice said earning him a punch from Edward ‘what?! I cant help it if im this excited in seeing my nieces…’

Edward shook his head and sat beside me as he patted my back ‘how is she? Are there any improvements?’

‘still nothing though she isn’t that pale anymore, but still she isn’t responding to me. I’m starting to think my wife is still mad at me.’

Jasper laughed and said ‘just give it some more time, Carlisle didn’t say anything about both of them being in danger, but with our new born…we have to be extremely careful. We dealt with newborns last time, you guys know how that is…’

I was about to say something when a breathless Seth came rushing inside the house and beside him was Paul. I could feel the hairs at the back of my neck tingle in anticipation at the news they brought, it was a surprise for me that they didn’t use our mind link to send me any messages but then I was too busy with trying to talk to Winter. I stood up and walked towards them and Paul’s attention was suddenly turned to me but Seth was busy looking at the cribs.