Chapter 32

Today we decide to just have a lazy day. We eat leftover pizza and clean up everything from yesterday. We play board games, watch movies, and just relax. I can't help but notice that Jeff is acting distant, even more so than yesterday. I go to bed tonight wondering why everything ended up this way.

~*~Dream~*~

I get out of bed, a normal day and go down stairs. Sitting on the couch is Matt and Jeff eating their breakfast. I sit on the couch next to them and watch tv. There is a knock on the door and I get up to answer it.  I don't know what to say.

"Adrienne" Nick says

"Nick, what are you doing here?"

"Can you come outside for a minute"

I step outside but don't close the door.

"Can I talk to you privately"

"The door is staying open" I say

"Why don't you trust me?"

"It's not you, I figured you might want some witnesses in case I get to angry a try to kill you" I shrug

"Ok"

"Well?" I ask

"What?" He sounds confused

"What did you want to talk about?"

"I want you to give me another chance" he says

"And why would I do that?"

"Be-because we had something, you know you felt it too"

"Key word in that sentence being had. As in, not anymore"

I turn around to walk back inside but he grabs my arm and pulls me back. I slap him across the face.

"You wasted your time coming here" I say

I go back inside and sit on the couch in between Matt and Jeff. I place my head in my hands, I don't cry, just breathe. Jeff gently grabs my chin and lifts my head.

"I'm glad you told him to go away, because if you would have gotten back with him I wouldn't be able to do this" he says and kissed me.

I just sit there, too shocked to do anything. All this time I thought the love Jeff had for me was like a brotherly/ sisterly love. Was I wrong? Is it possible that he likes me as more as family or a friend. As all these thoughts race through my head it all disappears.

~*~End of Dream~*~

I wake up, all those thoughts still going through my head. People say that dreams can mean something, but this doesn't. Right?

I shake these thoughts from my head and take a hot shower. I wash my hair and body and get out. I put my hair in a messy bun and step back into the bedroom to decide what to wear. There is a knock on my door and before I can answer Jeff walks in and I'm still standing in a towel. He just stared and doesn't speak.

"Can I help you?" I ask breaking him from his trance

"Um... We're uh... Going for a hike so um... Dress comfortably" he is obviously uncomfortable.

"Does this make you uncomfortable Jeff?" I ask

"What, no" he says sarcastically

We stand there for a few minutes. "Ok, you can leave now" I say

"Right" he backs out closing the door behind him.

I change into running shorts and a black tank top. I put on black running shoes and meet them downstairs. We load into the car and drive a short distance to a nearby trail. Jeff hasn't said a single word the entire time.