Chapter 14

Adrienne's POV

I woke up in a car with my head in Colby's lap and my feet on the seat. I sit up

"Where are we" I ask

"Almost to the hotel, who are you rooming with?" Colby asks while Joe and Jon are conversing in the front seat.

"You" I say and he smiles.

"Fine, I guess that's okay." he says a smirk on his face.

"Or maybe Jon because you're a jerk" I say sarcastically.

"No, no that's okay. It's fine, really."

"Good then there is no problem"

We reach the hotel and Colby grabs my bags and carries them inside and sets them down in front of the bed. there is only one.

"I can take the couch" he says

"No, it's fine, we can share. I trust you"

"You sure?"

"Yeah" I say and go into the bathroom to change into fuzzy pajama bottoms and a camouflage tank top. When I walk back out Colby is sitting in the bed in his phone. I lay down on the bed and Colby moves over some to give me space. We both lay down and within minutes I am asleep.

•_•

I wake up in the morning with Colby's arm wrapped around me. I feel warm and protected in his grasp and I honestly never want him to let go. I lay there for a few more minutes before Colby wakes up.

"Good morning" he says rubbing the sleep from his eyes.

"Morning" I say. he gets up, stretching.

"Want to go get some breakfast?" Colby asks

"Sure" I go into the bathroom and change into a blue and white sundress with a zig zag pattern and pull on a pair of gold sandals.

"Let's go" I say as I walk out of the bathroom and out the door Colby right behind me.

-AT RESTAURANT-

We get our table and a waiter comes over to take our drink orders. He keeps eyeing me.

"Well thank you" Colby says after we have ordered our drinks, snapping him out of his gaze and making him leave.

"So what looks good" I say

"You are aware that he was staring at you?"

"I am aware, why. Is that a problem" I eg on.

"Yes it is" he replies

"Oh and why is that"

"Because I-" he is cut off.

"Here in your drinks" the waiter comes back, "are you ready to order"

"Yes, can I have Belgium waffles with strawberries and whipped cream please" I say

"I will have a bacon, sausage, and ham omelet with provolone cheese" Colby orders. the waiter leaves and me and Colby resume conversation.

"So why does it matter"

"What matter"

"Why the waiter was staring at me?"

"Be......I...lik.....y.." He mumbles

"You are going to have to speak up"

"Because I like you OK? Since I first saw you I have liked you but you are to busy with Nick to notice" he says

"I think I like you too" I say quietly but loud enough for him to hear.

"Adrienne, would you like to go out to dinner with me Saturday night" he asks

"Colby I would love to" I say in the same sing song voice.